Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I'm having such a hard time staying on track with eating.
Ugh, me too. I weighed almost 10 lbs less at my winter wedding than I will at my summer wedding. :/ Bums me out big time.

In the meantime, Body Pump is making my shoulders much more defined - so yay! (these are the exercises that Beanie posted the video of).

2014-06-22, Jentry Protection-2 by Falon167, on Flickr
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Ugh, me too. I weighed almost 10 lbs less at my winter wedding than I will at my summer wedding. :/ Bums me out big time.

In the meantime, Body Pump is making my shoulders much more defined - so yay! (these are the exercises that Beanie posted the video of).

2014-06-22, Jentry Protection-2 by Falon167, on Flickr
Nice shoulders! I need to get started with that.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Oh man, I swear every muscle in my body is soooo sore. As much as it hurts to get around, it's a nice feeling! A combination of rock climbing, lifting weights (my thighs are killlllling me from squats), doing chin ups/pull ups and some hanging leg raises, and then also a whole bunch of weedwhacking to top it off, that always gets my forearms.

I'm pretty stoked, I wanted to see how many hanging chin-ups I could do in a row (I usually do 3 sets of 5 and I do usually cheat and set my feet down), and I got through 10. Going to try to build that up.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Twin 2.0

I haven't been on in a long time, holy cow. Way to go everyone!!

I'm almost down to my goal weight, just another 5lbs to go but I'm a lot more toned so all my clothes fit again, which is fabulous. I've got two 5K races under my belt, both times under 30 minutes, I'm running between 2-4 miles 3x a week, plus biking. Survivor Mud Run (5K mud run with 20 obstacles!) is in two weeks and Tough Mudder (10-12 miles, mud and 20+ obstacles) is in September.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post

I'm almost down to my goal weight, just another 5lbs to go but I'm a lot more toned so all my clothes fit again, which is fabulous. I've got two 5K races under my belt, both times under 30 minutes, I'm running between 2-4 miles 3x a week, plus biking. Survivor Mud Run (5K mud run with 20 obstacles!) is in two weeks and Tough Mudder (10-12 miles, mud and 20+ obstacles) is in September.
Awesome!! Good for you, that is all really impressive
Old 07-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post

That's so awesome Zoom!

Tomorrow I start on week three of C25K! Excited/Nervous for the 3 minutes straight running.

Also, was shaving my legs today and noticed muscles that weren't there a few weeks ago!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Twin 2.0

Isn't that an awesome thing??
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Top Dog

Awesome Zoom!

I ran twice during my vacation... 3 and 2 miles. Trying to see if I can run faster, but taking it slowly (the 2 miles were at 5 mph). Unfortunately eating has been a disaster as we've been eating out all the time and my willpower has been lacking, so I've probably gained a few pounds, which I'll find out tomorrow, so I got to get back on track today.

I'm getting PiYo from Beachbody too and I'm hoping to start it on Monday, along with the running. Should be fun.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

I started PiYo on Thursday! Finally a program I can do relatively easily (although my flexibility and balance are pretty awful). I also ran 2 miles on Thursday and with the leg workout yesterday, my legs and glutes are killing me. I guess it's a good thing.

I gained a bit on vacations but lost 3 pounds already since I came back. Still 3 pounds from my lowest weight though, probably mostly water weight still, we'll see... still want to lose 5 pounds!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Vizsla mom

My Nike Frees are failing me for distance running.. ran a half in them& was almost crippled. I just did 5k two days ago with a moderate pace& had to tape my ankle and stop running. Anybody have any good shoe suggestions? So sad. I 100% cannot wear these for any future runs?? which means I need a new pair before Saturday lol