Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

http://loraincountyfair.com
The combine derby is the Saturday. Seriously people think I'm nuts but I take the week off for it every year. And what's better than watching combines run into each other?

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Show Dog

I know you don't know me from Adam, but my two cents worth... Your leg through Ontario, you're totally missing one of the best parts, Bruce Peninsula/Georgian Bay. Scoot down to Manitoulin Island, then across to Tobermory on the ferry. If you've got time, go see Flowerpot Island. If not the Bruce Trail runs along the Bay and there are a few access points where you can hike along and catch some really fantastic scenery. There's an awesome campground just off the highway that's nice and fairly inexpensive. Then cruise along the Bay and over to Barrie, across to Lake Ontario then up through Kingston.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
<----Thanks Allie

So bad news bears on the combine derby(which I'm not sure what this says about me... But I TOTALLY wanted to see that!!!!). But it looks like it will be held on the day we have to be in the track at VT. The SO is a racecar driver, so this trip is planned between races. I'm so sad now.

MilliesMom: thank you for the tips. The reason I posted this thread is bc I know nothing about these places really. So I was hoping for some local perspective! I will DEF look into your suggestions if not do them!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
So bad news bears on the combine derby(which I'm not sure what this says about me... But I TOTALLY wanted to see that!!!!). But it looks like it will be held on the day we have to be in the track at VT. The SO is a racecar driver, so this trip is planned between races. I'm so sad now.

MilliesMom: thank you for the tips. The reason I posted this thread is bc I know nothing about these places really. So I was hoping for some local perspective! I will DEF look into your suggestions if not do them!
We go camping up there every year in July, just love it there (we plan to retire there as well). In Aug we'll be camping somewhere between Peterborough and Belleville, another really nice area.

Btw, have you ever looked into doing some Geocaching? (http://www.geocaching.com/) Cool hobby while travelling.