Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
My friend doesn't have actual special interests where she would concentrate only in one thing at the time. There are different kind of things she is interested in.

My friend is of course interested in dogs and their training because she has one. She's also interested in horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCrafty View Post
It sounds like you are being a good friend

What kinds of different things is she interested in?

I saw in another thread that you were looking for advice on how to train Lotta. Is it hard for your friend to interact with new people in a group setting? I don't have Asperger's but I do have a little bit of social anxiety which makes it hard for me to be in a group setting sometimes. Would your friend let you take her dog to classes and have video taken? Maybe when the class is over you can show her what you've learned and she can practice.
My friend has taken Lotta to courses by herself and SHE is going to take Lotta to them again as soon as she can.

My friend and Asperger
Lotta is funny and playful <<--read more
Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
My friend doesn't have actual special interests where she would concentrate only in one thing at the time. There are different kind of things she is interested in.

My friend is of course interested in dogs and their training because she has one. She's also interested in horses.
I love horses too, I work as a groom and pony person for race horses and have a horse myself. I love it because I really don't have to deal with people a lot (I have anxiety and ADHD so dealing with people is tough) and the people I do deal with are kind of misfits like me so it's cool lol.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:21 AM
Big Dog

Others that have Aspergers have different kind of difficulties. My friend has difficulties with communication. In the previous messages we told that:
Quote:
She cannot write to this forum because she cannot talk/write to people that she doesn't know well in person..../

/....It's hard to explain why, but when she ask someone to write somewhere for her (it's not only about forums), the message cannot be written in first person - the message must be written in passive or in the third person instead.
and that:
Quote:
In another thread, one of you suggested that when I write for her, it would affect on communication. That is not the case. It doesn't affect on the messages who is writing them...//...It affects on the messages even less since we write them together. The only difference than if my friend could write the messages herself is that they are written in passive or in the third person.
We tried to ask in another thread about this: one of you had suggested that I would refer to my friend by some name. Maybe it could be used as a compromise. What are your opinions about it? Would it be better idea than to write my friend? My friend is still interested to know what do you think about that.

My friend and Asperger
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I think what people are saying is that since your posts are written in passive or third person (I know your friend wishes for them to be written that way) it makes them kind of hard to comprehend.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Big Dog

The reason messages cannot be written differently relates somehow to my friend's disability. It's difficult to explain how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I think what people are saying is that since your posts are written in passive or third person (I know your friend wishes for them to be written that way) it makes them kind of hard to comprehend.
It should not affect so much who writes the messages. We have told more about it earlier.

Quote:
We tried to ask in another thread about this: one of you had suggested that I would refer to my friend by some name. Maybe it could be used as a compromise. What are your opinions about it? Would it be better idea than to write my friend? My friend is still interested to know what do you think about that.
My friend is still interested to know if it is a good idea what was suggested.

My friend and Asperger
Old 06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yes I think it would be a good idea to pick a name that she would like to be called, it might make it easier go give advice.