Superficial Reasons You Would Own a Breed

BostonBanker

A small sighthound. There is absolutely nothing about them that makes them a good type of dog for me, but I just love the looks of several of them. If I were ever in a position to own a dog that was just a for-fun dog and I didn't care about being able to compete it...I'd get a Cirneco Dell’Etna. Or even a big-ish Italian Greyhound. And if I could find a way to not break it.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
A small sighthound. There is absolutely nothing about them that makes them a good type of dog for me, but I just love the looks of several of them. If I were ever in a position to own a dog that was just a for-fun dog and I didn't care about being able to compete it...I'd get a Cirneco Dell’Etna. Or even a big-ish Italian Greyhound. And if I could find a way to not break it.
Oh there is a woman here who runs agility with (and I'm guessing shows) her Cirneco and they are SO CUTE. She comes to trials with like 4 of them and walks them all together and it's ADORABLE.

Wolf like dogs (Husky, Mal, Klee Klai,), even though I live in a humid place that routinely is over 100 degrees in the summer and I don't like aloof dogs. I just love the "wild" look.

Doberman, I love how regal they look.

Great Dane, just love how they move and the fact they are complete couch potatoes.

Tibetan Mastiff, the picture says it all.

Any and all sight hounds.

BostonBanker

Oh there is a woman here who runs agility with (and I'm guessing shows) her Cirneco and they are SO CUTE. She comes to trials with like 4 of them and walks them all together and it's ADORABLE.
We compete with a lady who does agility with silken windhounds if that helps.
No! Just no. I love my two dogs beyond belief, but my future dogs will be dogs with crazy drive to DO AGILITY. Not because I ask them to, but because they want it so badly. I am hanging up my pompoms and getting dogs I don't have too cheerlead around a course.

But I would take a little sighthound to sleep on my blanket next to me while watching TV at night :D

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
No! Just no. I love my two dogs beyond belief, but my future dogs will be dogs with crazy drive to DO AGILITY. Not because I ask them to, but because they want it so badly. I am hanging up my pompoms and getting dogs I don't have too cheerlead around a course.

But I would take a little sighthound to sleep on my blanket next to me while watching TV at night :D
Oh I feel you on the "no cheerleading" thing!!!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Feathered (straight hair) sighthounds like LHW, Silken Windhounds, Saluki

Huskies. So pretty.

Standard Schnauzers

All of these would be terrible ideas on so many levels but...pretty. In very different ways but...so pretty.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat

I just looked up Cirneco Dell’Etna. In LOVE. Likr little Pharaohs

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The silken I know seems to have quite a bit of drive to work with. I want one so bad. She's one of the most perfect dogs.

A french bulldog. I will have one of these someday, when I am older and content to have a dog that enjoys being around the house. Right now I am too active with my dog/s and live in Florida, so they need to be able to handle outdoor activities in the summer. I love their face, expressions and those EARS!

There are many others, but that is the main one that pops in my head when I saw this topic :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
All of them are no-nos because of one reason or another, but Boston Terriers (SO CUTE AUGH), Bearded Collies are gorgeous, and I'm still a sucker for a good Rough Collie.

I really frickin' love pit bulls too but I don't know if they are all superficial reasons. I do firmly believe baby pit bulls are the cutest little puppies ever though.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My secret superficial want is one of those puppymill rescue cresteds that look like goblins. Because goblins.

Either that or a well bred hairy hairless, because my little pony dog.

Or standard poodle so I could groom it to look like a tiny camel. TINY CAMEL.
Me too, on both!

It's terrible, but I love the look of the (terribly bred) conformation Pekingese. I only like the ones with smooshy black faces and insanely long coats. I completely disagree with what people are doing to the breed, but if this dog was dropped off at my door I wouldn't say no:

Leonbergers. Not a good breed for me, but I'd love to have one to snuggle up with on the couch.

English bulldog. I love the smooshed look.

Komondor. Because dreadlocks.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I want a Standard Poodle to do all sorts of different things with it's coat. I would so take a Komodor because of the dreds. And a Tibetan Mastiff because they look like bears.

And... I'm starting to kinda like Shih Tzus. They're not a bad dog if you want to just pet it and hang out on the couch with it. Plus they're kinda cute in short coats.

Members online