Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Bored Now.

Crossfit is amazing.

I've been going 2-3x a week, and I have muscles in places I had no idea you cuold have muscles.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Crossfit is amazing.

I've been going 2-3x a week, and I have muscles in places I had no idea you cuold have muscles.
I miss it so much. I seriously think about it every single time I work out. Sometimes for the whole class :/
Old 06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Ran/walked 3 miles tonight. Woot!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Twin 2

Thanks for that video Beanie! Totally doing those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Linds, that first link looks super cool! Who are you going to do it with?
Missed this. Nina (with the Coolie Rue) and I are doing it together but I haven't decided yet if I'm taking Didgie or Traveler. One of the obstacles you have to carry your dog across which I can do easily with both of them but I'm trying to figure out who's going to handle the crazy that will be their with the least amount of noise

Completed week one of C25K! I didn't cheat any of the days, no stopping early or walking farther but today went so much better than the first day. I felt my form was way better, my breathing much better and my legs weren't nearly as tired. I even went an extra minute and half of running because I didn't think it was over when it was and finally checked to see why the timer wasn't going off.

Also going to be on day 7 of the 30 Day Shred video I'm doing. I've been doing it ever other day since I'm doing C25K too but it's getting easier and harder because I've gotten better and faster at all the stuff but because of that I'm pushing myself harder. So that's good! I've noticed though really focusing on my breathing during it is helping with my running.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Yeah thanks so much for the video Beanie! Awesome. Will start with that when I get home.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Aware

Took Copper and Em for a walk this evening. Anyone else dealing with insane numbers of deerflies? Yuck.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Obey the Toad.

I fell off the wagon a while back, but got back on the last month or so and officially got my 25 lb award at WW!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I'm having such a hard time staying on track with eating.

Ran twice this week! Getting back into the swing of things. I need to workout more frequently than just running... but so time consuming.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I twisted my ankle really bad two days ago, stepped in a hole in the yard.
This is what it looked like yesterday (and while I have lots of fat in lots of places, I don't actually have very fat feet/ankles, that's ALLLLL swelling)

[IMG]Ankle by laurenscoombs, on Flickr[/IMG]

It's getting better, but I miss the gym I miss my 2 mile runs, and now I'm not sure how to get back to it. I'm going to buy a brace, but I'm so worried I'm going to twist it again! It makes me sad

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Well, I either have a thyroid issue or I'm clinically depressed. I'm not sure which, because my symptoms could all be the result of either. And I can't afford to go have it checked out, so I don't know which.
The good news is that most thyroid issues are 100% treatable with meds, and once you get your thyroid levels back the way they are supposed to be, your whole life will suddenly be a lot better (depending on what issues you're having, anyway!)
So I wouldn't be too anxious about it. If it turns out you have thyroid issues, you'll get the meds figured out and it will be better. If it's not that, then you know for sure and can proceed with other options having thyroid issues ruled out.
I have low thyroid (right under the low normal), but I also have a vitamin D3 deficiency (rare here, and I'm pretty much a poster child for skin cancer...that's how much I'm outside).

If it helps, I also have PCOS and am IR.

I've drastically changed the way I eat. Limiting carbs was much we easier than I thought because I cut them out drastically from the start, and it was then I realized just how sick I was getting from eatin lots of pasta, breads, cereal, etc. the thing is with PCOS and being IR, I actually get the most horrid cravings for something sweet (cookies) or for carbs. If I indulge, I pay the price, and it's a good reminder why I don't do that anymore. LOL

But despite everything I've been diagnosed with and all that I've been through, it wasn't until I scrounged away for the mental strength to stop making excuses and just do it that I began to change. I started out barely being able to do a moderate 20 minutes on the recumbent bike to being able to do a brisk 30-minute fat burn program with "sprint" intervals (has varying resistance levels) followed by a T25/Hip Hop Abs/Rockin' Body workout, along with doing all my outside chores (scooping horse manure out of a 2+ acre pasture, hauling water buckets! etching.).

I've lost 50 lbs now, but I'm telling you that I've had to fight for every single one of them. It's amazing how quickly I can gain weight and how slow it is for me to lose it, but I don't wallow in excuses anymore. I remind myself that time will pass whether I fight to lose weight or feel sorry for myself and binge eat, so each day is a new day with new decisions to make. I have a habit of mentally punishing myself for a "bad" day, but I'm getting better about moving on and not thinking about it. Better to have lost 5 lbs at the end of a year than none (or worse, gain, which is what I did in the latter half of last year).