Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I already admitted I can't debate a topic like this with someone that can't easily discern the difference. I really can't
I don't see one at all.

Both are accidents. Neither intended to let their child be harmed. Both are legal.

So what IS the difference, is what I'm asking you. I'm not arguing, I'm looking for an explanation.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 06-24-2014, 03:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Maybe they don't drink much, wanted to have a glass or two of wine, didn't realize until they had passed out that it was too much for them?

"Then they shouldn't have drank so much while watching the kids if they didn't know how they would react!"

Then they shouldn't have worked a double shift for a couple of extra bucks if they didn't know how they would react.
would be nice if more people had the option to just turn down a shift without A) losing their jobs or B) not making ends meet.

Again, no where close to the same thing.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
would be nice if more people had the option to just turn down a shift without A) losing their jobs or B) not making ends meet.

Again, no where close to the same thing.
You're adding extra information to the scenario and assuming quite a bit.

No one's going to lose a job over it, they are making ends meet just fine. There was just an extra shift available and they had the time so they picked it up.

No more reading into it than that.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
If I accidentally forgot my dog in my car and he died a torturous death of heat stroke, y'all would vilify me. I'm sure most would hope for jail time. But if I do the same for my child, maybe a "do better with the next one" and a sympathetic pat on the back? Add me to Romy with being confused...
I wouldn't vilify you if you forgot your dog was in the car. accidents happen.

Back home a few years ago a guy dropped his wife and child off somewhere. it was raining very hard and he started to pull away and then realized he forgot to give them something or tell them something and backed up and accidently hit his child and the child died.

Should he go to jail? it was an accident.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
You're adding extra information to the scenario and assuming quite a bit.

No one's going to lose a job over it, they are making ends meet just fine. There was just an extra shift available and they had the time so they picked it up.

No more reading into it than that.
well... I don't know anyone that willingly works a double shift just because they have time and someone who has kids doesn't generally just "have the time" so I call shenanigans lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
well... I don't know anyone that willingly works a double shift just because they have time and someone who has kids doesn't generally just "have the time" so I call shenanigans lol
So instead of answering or thinking about it, you're just going to say, "That could never happen." Of course it could.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:00 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
So instead of answering or thinking about it, you're just going to say, "That could never happen." Of course it could.
yeah pretty much. again if you can't see the difference between a job and alcohol determining the outcome, we are at an impasse. I honestly don't know how else to put it. But personally... I wouldn't convict for someone working a job.

I partake myself ... but I know how my body reacts and if I went to the point where I couldn't take care of my child... I"M AT FAULT!

G.K. Chesterton

Old 06-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

Every single step that is taken on the way to the outcome to me is part of the story and yes, part of how I feel about the situation. If its part of a pattern of neglectful and irresponsible choices that is very different from one accident. It just is....

Life is not black and white, its all varying shades of grey.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Every single step that is taken on the way to the outcome to me is part of the story and yes, part of how I feel about the situation. If its part of a pattern of neglectful and irresponsible choices that is very different from one accident. It just is....

Life is not black and white, its all varying shades of grey.
Agreed. Perfectly stated.

You put it all in a tidy nut shell vs anything I could ramble on with.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
If I accidentally forgot my dog in my car and he died a torturous death of heat stroke, y'all would vilify me. I'm sure most would hope for jail time. But if I do the same for my child, maybe a "do better with the next one" and a sympathetic pat on the back? Add me to Romy with being confused...
I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm willing to bet many of us would feel horrible for YOU, not blame you, and I'd be appalled if there were criminal charges against you.

Why? Because you have a pattern of good, loving, responsible dog ownership......at least what we know of you. I know you would be punishing yourself enough to not need outside help with it.

I could not say that about every chazzer I've known........there have been some I would have automatically assumed it was more irresponsible behavior to the list.

Same with parents I know, or the picture that is painted of them.