Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13411  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 AM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is online now
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,017
Default

What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

MY car. Out of my driveway.

The ****.

The dogs were sleeping in the garage, and whoever did it made no noise because Abrams didn't bark. Had he heard someone outside, he would have barked at them.

****.
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #13412  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Ozfozz's Avatar
Ozfozz Ozfozz is offline
Higbread Dingbat
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

MY car. Out of my driveway.

The ****.

The dogs were sleeping in the garage, and whoever did it made no noise because Abrams didn't bark. Had he heard someone outside, he would have barked at them.

****.
WHAT??
I hope that they find the jackass who stole it and send his ass to jail. That's ridiculous.

Please keep us posted!
Also *vibes* for everything to turn out okay.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13413  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 AM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is online now
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
WHAT??
I hope that they find the jackass who stole it and send his ass to jail. That's ridiculous.

Please keep us posted!
Also *vibes* for everything to turn out okay.
I'm kind of in shock at the moment. Quite literally. A little shakey and kind of blank. Thank God Michael is here to handle things.

Right now I'm focusing on the silver lining:
Our other (piece of crap) cars are here and untouched. So we still have transport.
They didn't rob our house.
My car has comprehensive coverage and theft is covered.
I had some stuff in the car, but nothing that isn't replaceable. A car charger, my CDs, the dog seat cover, jumper cables, an umbrella, my ice scrapers, tanning glasses, sun glasses...but nothing was being stored in the trunk, thank God.

This neighborhood isn't even a bad neighborhood. I lived in a much worse area with an equally new car and while someone ransacked it once looking for money when I forgot to lock it one evening, it was never harmed. Or *stolen*. There are like, 3 cops and 5 military families on this street alone.

Yah. Definitely in a state of shock.
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #13414  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Ozfozz's Avatar
Ozfozz Ozfozz is offline
Higbread Dingbat
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
This neighborhood isn't even a bad neighborhood. I lived in a much worse area with an equally new car and while someone ransacked it once looking for money when I forgot to lock it one evening, it was never harmed. Or *stolen*. There are like, 3 cops and 5 military families on this street alone.

Yah. Definitely in a state of shock.
Always good to focus on the silver lining. Breathe, drink some tea/coffee/whatever you find calming.

Years ago we had our Jimmy stolen out of our driveway as well. An old, rusty, Jimmy that was sponsored by Alpine sound systems and used to have some great speakers in it (which were taken out weeks before the theft).
We lived in a small town, the type where everyone knows everyone. The type where you don't lock the doors, like ever.

It is definitely shocking and confusing. You never think it will happen in the nice quiet neighbourhoods.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13415  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 AM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is online now
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,017
Default

Apparently a house a few doors down had their cars ransacked, too. The officer who spoke with us said they had a similar incident about a week ago. Course, then he said, "If the car makes it to New Orleans, you'll probably never see it again." Thanks. Thanks, Officer, for that vote of confidence.

*sigh*

Now we're just waiting to hear from the insurance company to figure out what the next step is and when the car is considered gone for good.
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #13416  
Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,307
Default

Blackrose, I'm so sorry I hope they find the tool that did it.

My vent:

Belle is driving me fricken BONKERS.

For some reason, she has taken to randomly barking in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Like seriously, on random bark and then an hour later she'll bark again. I get up... she's just sitting in the living room wagging her tail like YAY you're up. I know no one is near the house because Beezer is still sleeping and not making a sound. if HE goes off then I worry but Belle? she's an idiot and barking for no reason that I can find. I was up with her THREE times last night and FIVE times the night before. I know she doesn't have to go out because I let her out the first time she wakes me up just incase but she keeps DOING IT. I'm seriously at my wits end with her and this nonsense.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #13417  
Old 06-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Aware
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,786
Default

I just cut my finger on Bloo's food can. It freaking hurts.
__________________
Dogs in Tow - Updated 8/24/14



Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Reply With Quote
  #13418  
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Apparently a house a few doors down had their cars ransacked, too. The officer who spoke with us said they had a similar incident about a week ago. Course, then he said, "If the car makes it to New Orleans, you'll probably never see it again." Thanks. Thanks, Officer, for that vote of confidence.

*sigh*

Now we're just waiting to hear from the insurance company to figure out what the next step is and when the car is considered gone for good.
OMG that sucks! I am so sorry! Sending vibes that they find it unharmed.

Just heard that a friend of ours was seriously injured at the track in Dallas, they are asking for donations for her through the injured horsemens fund so it's likely pretty serious ... trying to get more info, hope she will be ok, she is a super lady that would help anyone and was very awesome horsemen. Why does things like this happen to nice people
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13419  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

MY car. Out of my driveway.

The ****.

The dogs were sleeping in the garage, and whoever did it made no noise because Abrams didn't bark. Had he heard someone outside, he would have barked at them.

****.
WTF. I came here to vent about how I am home alone and sick instead of at work.

This is way more vent-thread worthy. I'm so sorry. VIBES. Who the hell does something like that? I really hope you get it worked out!
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #13420  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:52 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,307
Default

UGH I just DON'T like our one neighbor. I was outside on my porch tending to my herbs in the planter boxes and I can hear a baby crying (I don't know who the baby belongs to but they don't have a baby so must be someone visiting) and all I hear is her say "oh would you shut the F*** up"

That just makes me sad
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site