Cat attacks Pit Bull....

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I agree with all who say cats should NOT be allowed to roam around. It would cause a few less car accidents as well! Those things are just like squirrels - "Ooo a cars coming, I better run under its tires just to be safe"
I have run over a cat once - NOT on purpose and I felt just absolutely horrible for it, but if I had swerved i would have hit an on-coming car or the huge guardrail.

If cats didn't roam free I wouldn't have cat poop in my flower bed, I wouldn't have dead mice buried in them either.

When Riot was a puppy, our neighbour across the street let their orange cat out, it came over to my front yard and just taunted Riot. Thank goodness Riot is still fabulous with cats(facinated more like lol). If that cat would have clawed at him or hissed or something else.. who knows what type of experience he would have had after that.

Also, most "stray" cats that are found at the humane society.. were someones pet that they just "let outside"... think how LESS populated the humane society would be if people had at least at the curtiousy to keep them on a leash or something.

A friend of mines two cats are backyard trained. When they were kittens, they were let out on the backyard and each time they tried to escape, they got sprayed by a water bottle. Now they NEVER leave the backyard! If all people could take that much time to train their outdoor cats we wouldn't have such a HUGE cat population or outdoor cat problem..

I'm not trying to start a huge debate, but allowing cats to roam free, causing havoc without an owner to track them to is extremely irresponsible.

rosebud*

It's just a huge double standard. Cat bites and scratches are just as if not more dangerous than dog bites. At least with a dog you see it coming you know what is going to happen. A cat could be in a tree and jump down on you for what ever insane reason it chooses. I have had both cats and dogs and I think just like with dogs you have to be a responsible owner of your pet. regardless if it can climb a tree or not.

Brattina88

I agree. I have a cat, and to be honest he really doesn't care to go outside. That's were I found him, so its not like he doesn't know what he's missing. I understand that some cats love to be outside, and want to be outside pretty bad, but some restraint in neccisary. I mean, I live on a 4 lane road, I wouldn't dream of letting my cat out. My neighbor did, but stopped since his 'baby' got killed. I love my neighbors, but I think its common sense.

Have you ever been bitten by a dog?

Have you ever been attacked by a cat?

Since cats are more likely to flee, and less likely to attack unless there cornered I see why, but I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more of a fuss over this in the past.

filarotten

Fila the love
If you look at the picture of Roxie in my avatar, she has a cut are under her eye from a stray cat. She tangled with it...We intervened and the cat went up a tree. Stray cats are all over in the country. Maybe not stray, just doing want they want, irresponsible owners? Roxie hates cats and I hate for her to hurt one. We do our best to keep her at bay, but when they are running thru your yard it is really hard to protect them.
When Fifi was alive(my tortishell cat) she was an inside/outside cat and didn't stray from her yardShe was spayed. Why don't cat owners do the spay/neutering thing just like dogs. I don't get it.

rosebud*

TroyF said:
Good point but I have been attacked by people's cats when in their home. Seen a few that were down right vicious and for no real reason.
that happened to me the other night, I was at a friends house petting her cat when all of a sudden he turned right around and just bit me, enough to puncture my hand and draw blood. Cats teeth are just soo sharp right off. I mean I can usually tell a cat is getting mad and when it might bite, but he was just letting me pet him and then wham bit my hand. Not that I don't like cats but they don't always give a warning sign, or they think they are playing and they bite and scratch.

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
O my gosh! Did not hear bout this one. I've never heard of a cat being so mean. All the cats I know wouldn't do anythign liek this.
mandy~

Members online

No members online now.