Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Default TV Season finales... rant!

Why can't we have seasons that end up well? I mean, gosh... I don't need a cliffhanger to make me watch it again next year if I like it. If I didn't, I wouldn't even have bothered watching the finale anyway... And if you guys are not sure your series is going to be renewed, could you at least give us some closure in case it isn't? It's seriously frustrating when you've invested time in a series and the series finale ends up like total s*** with no closure at all. Ugh.

This is directed at the Revolution finale, but it was the same for V and Heroes (although the last season was so horrible I wouldn't have kept watching anyway) and really, almost every single show I've watched this year except maybe Parenthood. Still a toss up for me between Bones and Castle for the worst season ending... but at least they're getting a new season.

Just annoyed really. I was getting over Revolution anyway, but still.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Twin 2

So far for me I've been pretty happy with the season finale's I've watched. No bad cliffhangers over all.

Arrow was way less "Everything is horrible" than I thought it would be, not super happy but hopefull.

The Blacklist didn't end with me hiding in a corner either and I thought it was really good!

Person of Interest was probably the hardest for me, things didn't end in death but left my stomach feeling knotted.

Grimm was hard to watch, that ended not good.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

Let me let you in on a little secret, the end is the same for everything, we all DIE or maybe not

Anyway, I started reading the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King when I was in 8th grade on a trip out to VA. Must have been 87? '88 or so. I read the first 2 books and then nothing. It was a few years till the next came out, then like 10 years till the next.

I was into that story. I remember buying The Wolves of Calla at an airport in Jacksonville, FL on an 8 hour layover and reading that book every waking moment I had to finish it and still no ending.

The final book came out in the mid 2000's, I had gone thru middle school, high school, undergrad, did graduate work, worked, and got a doctorate and back to work again before the story "finished" Lots of life had happened in between starting that series and the time Stephen King finally got around to finishing it. These were fairly long and involved books 7 or 8 in total and I had a lot of time and energy invested in these things and I couldn't wait to see how it ended.

For anyone that hasn't read it, this is a little bit of a spoiler so don't read any further...........

But the story ended right back where it ****ing started I sat there and was like WTF!!!! and then I read his epilogue and he was right. It's not about the ending. Most endings are the same. Closure isn't all that important. The story is important and it was. It kept me engaged and interested the entire time. I was entertained. I loved it. Life happened along the way, and I learned to enjoy things in the here and now a lot more since that little lesson.

Hence I don't watch too much tv anymore always wondering how they're going to end. Oh well, i'm long winded and maybe full of **** too, but I thought it was a worthwhile lesson. Life looks different not worrying about the ending, tv shows included. At least that's how I approach it now
Old 05-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Mutts to you

Yeah, Castle was like, really? Couldn't just finally have a wedding? Does make me wonder if it's part of a set up by his father, the former CIA spook...

I like Blue Bloods and saw an interview with Tom Selleck, who mentioned it's become cliche for someone to die (or almost) in the finale, so they just did their usual story lines.

I did think NCIS did a nice job with their final show being a tribute to Ralph Waite.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

I feel ya! Especially shows that don't come back for another season. Even more especially if you just found that show again on Netflix after a few years and you get into it again and... BOOM. Nope. We will never know.

Or books that take AGES for the author to get the next one out (*cough*Rick Riordan*cough*).
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post

Grimm was hard to watch, that ended not good.
Yeah that one was pretty bad too

The Dark Tower... right there with you, lol! I did not like the ending one bit!