Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I normally rotate through Wellness CORE Original, Earthborne, and 4Health. My dogs started doing crappy on 4Health, so I cut that out and substituted in Canidae. Rider got pretty sick on the first week of switch, so I discontinued that after the bag finished out. I finally found Fromm Gold Adult locally and really, really like how they are doing that so I put a stop to the rotations for the past two bags. They are due for food again in a few days, and I can't decide what I want to do... We have Go! and Now! available locally, but it's pretty pricey.

Harlow got a minor UTI on Merrick. TOTW gave her a big one a few years ago. Rider's been very itchy on Earthborne, but that may have been because of the winter. Harlow shed a ton more on Earthborne, and I didn't like her coat quality.

I like the idea of rotating brands, but I'm now in a pickle because I don't want to go back to a food they don't do as well on... Acana is EXTREMELY expensive around here, and that was the only food I was equally as pleased with.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Aware

I was really, really unhappy with how my dogs did on Earthborn.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

I would LIKE to rotate kibbles but I've had major issues with Kili. She'll chow down as quickly as Summit for a few weeks and then for a few weeks I can barely get her to eat. And a lot of times she really only wants to eat the one kibble. Summit's GI doesn't seem to tolerate any other kibble except the one he's on... which is strange because he's got an iron gut for all sorts of treats and table scraps. But change his kibble, no matter how slowly, and he gets diarrhea.

Summit - Hill's J/D
Kili - Hill's J/D, Acana Sport and Agility, Nutrience Oceanfish.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 05-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Kung Pow Fish

All the Fromm GF, Acana/Orijen, and if Im having a bad pay-week, Pro Plan Sensitive ><
Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

They are eating 2 kinds of Fromm currently. Rotate between Fromm, Go!/Now!, Acana/Orijen, Oven-Baked Traditions (though, I'm not sure I'll ever actually buy this food. I had a ton that was donated, and just recentlyish finished it all), and some food from PetSmart that I can't currently think of, but is grain-free/high protein. Basically just add that is filler, because anything cheap to make food last longer

Basically, anything grain-free, they can eat. Now that I don't have to worry about allergies, they can eat most any brand.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-16-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm All Ears

I don't.... think too much about it. I just grab whatever I see that I like. Right now we're working through Annamaet Lean and Fromm Family something or other. Next up is DrTim's Momentum because I already bought it. After that who knows.

I've used Acana and also even Purina One Beyond. And everything in between. May try Farmina next or go back to Acana.

I feed grain inclusive or grain free. Doesn't seem to matter. I try to stick to low to mid 30s for protein. I also feed raw and some canned. Today they ate raw for their meal and then Wellness canned salmon this evening.

So yeah....no rhyme or reason at all.

Last edited by Laurelin; 05-16-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:38 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo right now has Great Life Bison, Cal Nat Pork and Sweet Potatoes, and Canidae Pure Sea. I get each meal from a different bag because reasons.

Siri eats all the above, but mainly right now she is on Nature's Variety Boost Duck and Turkey. She also eats a lot of Fromm.

There's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to what I feed, other than staying within Frodo's allergies for him.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Top Dog

We're doing Farmina now. Probably stick to this brand as I'm so happy with it and rotate through flavors. I have used a lot of foods in the past but I don't necessarily rotate to rotate, ya know? Like we fed Acana for a good 2 years. I mean we did rotate flavors within the brand. But once I find something he does well on, I don't necessarily see a reason to switch between brands so much.

Brit & Jackson