Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 05-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Active Pup

Thanks Renee, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it won't have bad effects. The chewing gum was small but still I am worries. Called the vet just a while ago and he said to bring Blake to him tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Active Pup

When I was growing up we used to feed my cocker spaniel grapes all of the time. He never had a problem, but I later found out that feeding him those was not such a great idea. I also heard that feeding dogs pork products is not good either. I don't remember at the moment why, but I don't feed my current dog pork anyway.
My current dog loves pineapple and watermelon and he drools puddles for Broccoli!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Active Pup

Here are the tested vegetables that you could feed your dogs; broccoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, spinach, celery, asparagus, sweet potatoes, green beans peas, and squash. Other than these veggies, you should ask your vet about it.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Simple Foods Can be So Dangerous

It is truly terrifying how many simple foods are dangerous for animals. I had a dog when I was little, but my family was the type that would have had her outside if they could. She couldn’t get on furniture and was always eating dog food. When I grew up and got my own dog with my ex, and then another, we spoiled those dogs something fierce.

They ate so much human food and got on every piece of furniture in the house. I just didn't know better about the food. Well, he took his dog and now I have mine, and she can still pretty much get on any couch or chair she wants. I just make sure she has regular baths and keep her in relatively clean areas outside and she's fine.

Once I learned about all the food dangers, I felt so guilty. I was lucky that they never really cared about most of the foods listed here that they couldn't eat. God was watching over them. I used to use garlic powder to season their homemade food because I thought it was good for them, but now I just leave it alone, unseasoned. I was also really surprised when I heard about yeast and dough. I thought it was okay before. That whole oven in their stomach thing is terrifying.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Active Pup

there are some of the foods that can be toxic and enormously harmful for dogs, it might help some one of you:
Alcoholic beverages Can cause intoxication, coma, and death.
Baby food Can contain onion powder, which can be toxic to dogs. (Please see onion below.) Can also result in nutritional deficiencies, if fed in large amounts.
Bones from fish, poultry, or other meat sources Can cause obstruction or laceration of the digestive system.
Cat food Generally too high in protein and fats.
Chocolate, coffee, tea, and other caffeine Contain caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline, which can be toxic and affect the heart and nervous systems.
Citrus oil extracts Can cause vomiting.
Fat trimmings Can cause pancreatitis.
Grapes and raisins Contain an unknown toxin, which can damage the kidneys.
Hops Unknown compound causes panting, increased heart rate, elevated temperature, seizures, and death.
Human vitamin supplements containing iron Can damage the lining of the digestive system and be toxic to the other organs including the liver and kidneys.
Large amounts of liver Can cause Vitamin A toxicity, which affects muscles and bones.
Macadamia nuts Contain an unknown toxin, which can affect the digestive and nervous systems and muscle.
Marijuana Can depress the nervous system, cause vomiting, and changes in the heart rate.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Top Dog

Not many dog owners are aware that some human foods can be toxic to dogs. Pet parents are inclined to share whatever they are eating with the pet and many of them would say that nothing happened to the dog. However, small amounts of toxic food may not have instant bad effects on the pet. The toxic substance would build up in the dog's system with regular consumption until symptoms of poisoning are manifested by the pet.

ASPCA has a list of human foods toxic to dogs. Let the list be your guide in feeding your four legged furry friend. And when in doubt...it would be best NOT TO FEED rather than be sorry.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Active Pup

Default Thanks

Hi,

That was a nice post. It was really helpful and informative.

Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Active Pup

Oh my god I never knew that chocolate can be that much dangerous for dogs. Thanks for this useful information. Keep posting such useful stuff.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Active Pup

Very very useful news that you've given! Probably I'm a newbie and first time had a dalmatian! so i hope that i would follow your path in order to bypass any casualties to my dog.