Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Honest question, HOW does that happen? I mean, like, does your vet take the animals into the back without you for vaccines? Maybe it's just that my vet does the vaccines in the exam room, with the owners, but if I saw them getting out more than one vaccine (and I only wanted one) I'd be questioning it
He gave the mixed shot first and I assumed it was rabies. Then he came back with another as I was getting ready to leave and told me the second was rabies so I had to get it.

This was the same vet that looked at Rigby and said "I've never heard of an Australian Kelpie, but that dog is DEFINITELY mostly Jack Russel"
And then after doing a lengthy stare at the charts, proceeded to ask if Cobain (noted as a purebred Border Collie on his charts, and quite a few years older than her) and Rigby were littermates.

The office staff laughed at me when I told them to change the owner name on my dogs files (they were both under my mother since the address was the same as her dogs), and basically said they "knew" I wasn't the one paying the dogs vet bills, which I was. I was 20 at the time and planning to move - I really wasn't sure how much I could trust my parents to not pull a "They're OUR dogs you can't take them" move.