Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post

anyway, the hospitals lips aren't sealed, they took control of the child, they have the rights, they can say whatever they want.
No, they can't. Have you ever heard of HIPPA?

Quote:
So now doctors with egos trump the wishes of parents? Even better
I was talking about the original Tufts doctor, which is why I specified that I was talking about the original diagnosis. But it's interesting that your mind went there instead of to what I actually wrote.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

Give me a HIPPA lecture, this outta be good I've sat thru more of those than I care to admit to, but go ahead, and tell me more. Does the state have custody of the child at this point? or do the parents? They can release whatever they want. I've done more than just hear about this thing called HIPPA.

and who says the first diagnosis was wrong? who says the 2nd one was right? where is the proof this child is getting better and who do they have to show? maybe they are both wrong? What did the court say?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
So this case aside, how much medical say SHOULD a parent have when it comes to their child? Should they allowed to let the child die of a treatable disease because they don't want to take the child to a doctor? Should they be able to withhold medical treatment for broken bones? Should there ever be an exception to parents having 100% control over a child's medical care?
This is the crux....and I just don't know.

There are some really bad parents out there...and I do NOT want to live in a society where we turn our backs and say well, they are the parents so they get the only and final say ALWAYS.

HOwever, I also have a chronically ill brother with and extremely rare disease and have first hand knowledge how hard a parent has to fight and advocate sometimes. I understand that many drs really do have a god complex. I personally do NOT follow a standard medical protocol with myself or my children and do many things that are not the "norm". Someone on the outside should not be able to trump the parents except is VERY extreme circumstances ....and I have no idea where that line is or how to really prove it.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Finally, Justina will be set free and able to return home tomorrow!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Finally, Justina will be set free and able to return home tomorrow!
well that didn't take very long
Old 06-17-2014, 05:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
well that didn't take very long
Lol my post or for her to be released? Lol

Or just yes all around

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

for her to be released. I just wish there was more info. Like this article states the parents have changed enough to allow their daughter to come home. Ok, that's all well and good, but how did Brittany change? Is she better? How did that year locked up in your psych ward affect her positively? I mean they basically said the parents were the cause and the other doctors were wrong, she better have gotten better, but I guess the sad fact is we'll never know.

The parents don't say anything other than what they want them to say, or she'll be taken again. Not saying there is anything more to say, but even if there was, we'd never hear it.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
for her to be released. I just wish there was more info. Like this article states the parents have changed enough to allow their daughter to come home. Ok, that's all well and good, but how did Brittany change? Is she better? How did that year locked up in your psych ward affect her positively? I mean they basically said the parents were the cause and the other doctors were wrong, she better have gotten better, but I guess the sad fact is we'll never know.

The parents don't say anything other than what they want them to say, or she'll be taken again. Not saying there is anything more to say, but even if there was, we'd never hear it.
Yes, I agree with what you are saying! It sure doesn't LOOK like she's gotten better and she had no friends, no family, no schooling... NOTHING for over a year. I can't figure out how they did better than the abuse the parents and other doctors were accused. BUT that's speculation I suppose.

I suspect there will be lawsuits. BCH already has a few lawsuits for the exact same thing from other families

G.K. Chesterton