Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Sean Smith

Default dear moderator

Well if this thread is not deleted, here are what the consequences would be for me:

My ex will most likely pull certain posts from the thread to show in court to try to convince them that I should not be allowed to ever have my dog anywhere near our daughter. Then I will have to show the court the rest of the thread to put it in context and explain how my dog's behavior is under control and that I can be trusted to make decisions about my dog and my daughter without the court's intervention. I do not think the court would ultimately feel the need to impose litigation about my time with my daughter regarding the dog, but for the court to go over this thread, I would still have to pay a lawyer by the hour to read the entire thing, and also to debate the contents, which would cost me a lot of money.

If there is some positive benefit that you feel outweighs those incredibly unfair consequences for me, I suppose there is nothing I can do about it. But I hope you will decide to delete the thread.

I am confused by why someone would be disappointed that I'm not a troll, but I'm sure that that disappointment is vastly overshadowed by the disappointment one would experience if they'd followed that person's past terrible advice on how to deal with a nervous dog. I do not want to get dragged back in to a petty name calling session, but I think that the beneficial aspects of one consulting this thread could just as well be attained from other sources, and more effectively if those other sources are devoid of the various bad and dangerous advice that this thread is inter laden with.

A nervous dog with a rocky history needs love, consistency, and clear boundaries, to learn trust of its owners and environment. That's the takeaway of this thread in a nut shell in my opinion, and it's a pretty standard conclusion.