Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

Default Tori is now a desexed dog!

Well, since Tori didn't take on her last breeding, the breeder allowed us to have her spayed and sign her papers over to us. She is finished in Canada and States and had her championship titles before the age of 2 years. She had one litter after she got all her championship titles and health tests which she passed with flying colors...OFA excellent, eyes, heart etc.

Anyway, I am so glad we had her spayed, she had a discharge a few weeks ago and we had her temp and smear done in case of pyometra. Anyhow she was given a chance to get over this infection before being spayed. When the Vet spayed her he said she had quite a build up in her uterus which is the reason she was unable to take last breeding. He said it was very fortunate that we had her spayed as if she had been bred again she would have developed pyometra. Very scary!

Anyway, she is 4 years old and she was spayed at 11:00am and was up and walking around with the Vets at 5:00. The Vets fell in love with her as she is such a kind wonderful dog and very happy to just lay at the Vet's feet while they were doing appointments. It's so nice when you see a busy clinic allowing "your" dog free run of the entire clinic.

She was allowed to come home that night...we always take our dogs home after surgery as my Sister has all the training...plus there is noone there over night at the Vet clinic...we feel more comfortable having them home.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Big Dog

Glad to hear that Tori did well during her spay. I know how scary it is when you have to send a furkid for surgery. Sending my prayers for a speeding recovery!

February is Adopt a Shelter Rabbit Month
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Great for all of you !!! I had one female with pyrometra and it sure wasn't fun!!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Thanks. It is always a worry. Plus where she was a mature spay with an infected uterus it was more of a risk. The surgery cost over $400.00 Canadian...mature spay surcharge, we had all the pre op blood test done...the works. The Vets were well worth the money...I wouldn't have taken her any where else.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Top Dog

I love to hear when owners take such good care and make such responsible decisions. No wonder you have such beautiful dogs. I was a vet tech for 15 years and I will tell you, it is only the VERY special dogs that get free reign in the hospital. Kudos to you and your wonderful pups.
I am glad she did so well. It sounds like you know them very well. That was a big surgery that could have been a lot bigger.
Hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery to Tori!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 AM
<------

I wouldnt say desexed, Just sterilized
Old 01-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I wouldnt say desexed, Just sterilized - Quote CanadianK9
It was just my silly title to my thread

If a person can't have fun with their titles then we may as well all be sour pusses.

Thanks to every one else...and that was really a nice thing to say lpollockandrsn
Old 01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Fila Love

Hoping for a speedy recovery Tori.