Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-21-2014, 11:07 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

*sigh* I miss having a dog that snubbed everyone but me and the family I can't stand a embarrassingly friendly dog and I have one right now, the rescue male we call "drover" (who used to be Buddy) after Hank the Cowdog's idiot sidekick lol.

I try to raise them to not like strangers, I will reward them positively for turning away from strangers and redirect them if they try to engage them.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Hiked three hours of the Ice Age trail with Roxie today. She did an excellent job, pulling me up hills and helping to keep me from falling on the down slopes and where there was ice. I LOVE my Stillwater ring harness. It's great for hiking.

I wish we could have done a longer hike, but Roxie's not used to pulling consistently for that long in that kind of situation just yet, after our long winter break so I had to turn back. Also, we left later than I'd hoped and I've never hiked any portion of it, so didn't want to get lost.

Another bonus- came across four off-leash dogs (the trail said dogs had to be leashed, but then we saw a sign later on that it's only after April 15th) but none tried to eat Roxie. That is incredibly uncommon, to come across FOUR dogs that're all friendly.

Anyways. New goal for me and Roxie. See exactly how far we can hike that trail in a day. As well as to get both of us over our fears of seeing loose dogs. Roxie's not super reactive, she just gets stiff and is always ready for action, not moving until the other dog is far from her sight. I... just hold my dog (as there is NO moving her, except for picking her up and that can encourage a dog to attack us both, giving me no way to really protect either of us), ready to keep her safe from any action. andthenIshakeforawhileafterwards.

All in all, good progress. I <3 hiking with my dog.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Started Frodo on Metacam a couple days ago. It is obviously having a good effect. He is super up and happy heeling, and snappy sits. I hope this continues!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Identity theft SUCKS!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Nobody in my family ever listens to me about the dogs. I don't even offer any advice anymore-why waste my breath.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

My parents are good people but they don't listen to me about the dogs ... Of course their dogs they can do how they see fit, but mine they trunk do throngs their way with.

I am a "pick my battles" person when it comes to the dogs, Josefina is a digger ... But she also is not trying to escape from the yard anymore and is overall trying to be a good dog ... So I let her have her digging fun. I also have separated their other dog and her when no one can be out with them. They got mad be sued I took their dog away and not her, it was their dog was causing the problems and starting all the fights. I just don't want to have two severely injured dogs .

Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Top Dog

Bristol finally gave in and ate her raw food! Yay.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Nobody in my family ever listens to me about the dogs. I don't even offer any advice anymore-why waste my breath.
I know exactly how that feels.
It's like, I've only spent how much of my time dedicating it to training, and learning about dogs? But sure, your untrained dogs and worldly experience and obviously trumps mine.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:15 AM
orange iguanas.

Juno starts her agility for fun class today yaaaaayyyyyy!

Okay, it's the same class we took 2 (3??) years ago, but she won't care Super curious to see if she still hates the a-frame, or if she'll be brave.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

The dude goes to an ASCA show tomorrow to compete in non regular puppy. Should be fun.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet