Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Georgie got her last leg for her standard title this weekend. My mom now has a nice big ribbon because Louisville spends money on nice showy New Title ribbons haha.

Unfortunately she was the only one with a Q all weekend, although Payton would have a standard leg and a jumpers leg both except for mistakes I made, although he would have both open titles if it weren't for him being a naughty. I did a really late cross on the teeter our first standard run and he was like "wait, what?" and came off the teeter because he thought he was wrong. In jumpers I did a front cross at a weird spot that I was fairly certain would result in a dropped bar, because he's very very sensitive to my shoulder positioning and I turned my shoulders just right and he knocked the bar. Both runs were quite lovely otherwise. The rest of the runs were so-so. I still can't guarantee he'll do his weaves, nor his contacts, at a trial. I think I'm going to have to start entering FAST so I can work weaves and contacts over and over in a trial environment. We need more fun runs, too, but those are few and far between here.

So... yeah. Georgie had a pretty great weekend really. She did all her weaves in both JWW and STD both days she was entered. P not so much on the great weekend, but I know my biggest problem with him is that in my head he is more experienced than he actually is. It will come with time, I know. I started singing "Got My Mind Set On You" on Saturday, hahaha.
Auggie, OTOH, took some time to warm up but by his last run on Saturday he was really feeling it. No dropped bars but his speed on Friday wasn't so good, but on Saturday he started picking it up and running really nicely. It's been a year and a half since he did any trialing so can't really be too shocked. I pulled him on Sunday because the small dogs weren't running until past 6PM, and I really didn't want to stay that late and get home at 10-11PM on Sunday, so boo.

Interesting weekend I guess. Relatively drama free compared to past Louisville trials where I end up sitting outside the ring crying (although I did tear up after running Auggie, but it was happy tears.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I got a personal recommendation of an agility trainer... So I met with her. I watched her class today and am starting her beginner course in April. VERY excited!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Vizsla mom

Best seminar yet!! Love. So many nice things said about Penn. Learned how to run my dog much more connected. Something clicked for connection this time! Yay!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Had an eval with the new instructor.... OMG SO EXCITED!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh god our trial is tomorrow and we have still not seen a hoop!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Ummm can you buy a couple hula hoops and just prop them up on the ground and have them run through on cue?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
FWIW, Siri picked up on the hoop after like...one time asking her to go through it. So even if you can grab one at the trial and ask them to go through it a couple of times, you might be good?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 03-20-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm All Ears

Imay try the houla hoop thing tonight. I *think* we won't have an issue as she goes through jumps with no bars all the time. Her general default if I point at something is to try to jump it or run through it.

Will the hoop have anything on the ground (like a bar?) or will it just be stuck in the ground? Since she's so short she notices things on the ground more versus the poles.

There's a fun run prior so maybe I should pay the $5 and try one of those? I don't want to wear her out too bad before the actual trial (little old dog can run out of steam sometimes)
Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
There's a fun run prior so maybe I should pay the $5 and try one of those? I don't want to wear her out too bad before the actual trial (little old dog can run out of steam sometimes)
If there is a fun run prior and you don't want to worry about wearing her out too much, maybe get there a bit earlier than the fun run and ask to borrow a few hoops for $5? and volunteer to help set up afterwards. :P Usually people like extra help.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
If there is a fun run prior and you don't want to worry about wearing her out too much, maybe get there a bit earlier than the fun run and ask to borrow a few hoops for $5? and volunteer to help set up afterwards. :P Usually people like extra help.
Or just pay the $5 and use your time to only work on the hoops rather than doing the rest of the course.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog