Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

Libraries did that I thought? I love love love my kindle paper white.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Libraries did that I thought? I love love love my kindle paper white.
I looked at my local library's site but I didn't see anything about eBooks
Old 03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwall View Post
Well yeah I don't think many really liked the ending but the series as a whole is great. I'd already read through the entire series at least twice when Wind through the keyhole came out so I just went straight to it. Kinda making me want to read through the series again, it's been years since I last did.

Speaking of bad endings, I have to say I was less disappointed in the dark tower ending than the wheel of time ending. Not sure how many would agree with me though. Dark tower ending felt disappointing, wheel of time ending felt like a cop out to me. Still really enjoined both series though.
Really? I liked the ending of the Wheel of Time.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

I am tearing through the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Really really enjoying them! I was up til at least 2am last night, couldn't stop reading. It's been a while since I was that in to a book!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I am tearing through the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Really really enjoying them! I was up til at least 2am last night, couldn't stop reading. It's been a while since I was that in to a book!
I have reread that series more than any other....It sucked reading during the writing as it took FOREVER for each one to come out.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I have reread that series more than any other....It sucked reading during the writing as it took FOREVER for each one to come out.
OMG I cannot even imagine. I have them all and the ends are always the worst cliffhangers. So glad I can just plow onto the next!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
A good friend of mine that has always had pretty much the exact same taste in books as I do asked me the other day if I had read that series. She was reading the first one and really liked it.

It's on my to read and getting moved up now that I know more people that like it!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
OMG I cannot even imagine. I have them all and the ends are always the worst cliffhangers. So glad I can just plow onto the next!
Some of my favorite scenes ever are in that series too.....have you gotten to the invention of the MacHalo? I literally loled which is rare for me in a book...to the point I had tears running down my face. I actually cried during a couple scenes too, again, a very rare thing...just so good. I do not have them on my nook as I got them predigital but am SO tempted to get them anyways. Darn it, now I need to go hunt them up to read yet again lol

eta: Happy early bday to me, just bought the bundle lol
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Show Dog

Just got and started reading the Hyperbole and a half book. Love the blog hoping for some great new material in the book.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Just finished "The Perfect Woman" by James Adrus. Not high quality literature, but a decent story.

Just got a handful of free ebooks for my kindle. Started Rushed by Brian Harmon yesterday. The writing is a bit juvenile, but I'm about to leave on a 2 week business trip, so having something light to read when I don't have a tone of brain power left is nice.