Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-16-2014, 08:03 AM
BusterLove

With Quinn I just slowly kept asking for more and more time. 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 5, 7, 10, 15 etc.

I had to practice it quite regularly in the beginning and wait for her to build up core strength and balance. With the odd break day so she wasn't too tired. At first it was pathetic but it's so cute now that she can hold it for so long.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Beware! Once he knows how to do this, you will have to give him ALL THE THINGS because they just look so cute

Fred tends to do this as a default for stuff.... And it works!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
In this way the dog sits in front of you so that she is looking away from you. How do you teach the dog to sit in front of you? Should you first teach her to sit so that she is looking at you?
Abrams already knows "sit" and also "stay". When I tried to brace him from behind, he just naturally let me walk behind him and place myself without moving because he is used to me walking around him/positioning myself/positioning him for things.

As for our trick progression: I haven't worked on it has much as I should have, but he has the concept down and is starting to hold the pose for longer and longer! Yesterday I had a small training session (and started him with crawl and roll over) and he was beginning to offer "pretty" by sitting up straight and waving at me. LOL So we're getting there. If I actually worked with him daily I'm sure we'd have it down pat by now, as it is it's been more like...once every two weeks.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
With Quinn I just slowly kept asking for more and more time. 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 5, 7, 10, 15 etc.

I had to practice it quite regularly in the beginning and wait for her to build up core strength and balance. With the odd break day so she wasn't too tired. At first it was pathetic but it's so cute now that she can hold it for so long.
That's what I did as well. Talon could NOT do this one to save his life at first. he just didn't have the strength, but after doing it over and over for a week he could do it and hold it a few seconds. Keep at it!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
That's what I did as well. Talon could NOT do this one to save his life at first. he just didn't have the strength, but after doing it over and over for a week he could do it and hold it a few seconds. Keep at it!
Then, profit. Or cuteness.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog