Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

This is Momoman.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...03087987979529

And Siri is working on lots of stupid sanity saving tricks, like this:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

And agility things!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 PM
such sights to show you

I've been working with Maisy on doing a backstall from the floor instead of the couch.

It's surprisingly harder for ME. I thought it would be essentially the same but the impact is harder.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Tracking, not biting me when my anxiety spikes, and precision in positions with higher stimuli.

And we did this...
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
The Monster.

Lookit dem muscles!

Also, cute. :3

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Big Dog

I was all set to start Foundation Agility with Kris on the 8th but they cancelled it due to lack of dogs. I think it was probably the big drop in temperatures that put most people off.

So, I am back to Obedience training as at least you can do it where it is warm. I have joined a group that trains 2 or 3 times a week. There is no instructor and except for one boxer, the others are all way more advanced than Kris. There are 2 German Shepherds, one Rottie or her Boxer, an Australian Shepherd and a Golden as well as Kris.

A lot of it is proofing, we do Figure 8's with either our dogs sitting and staying while we are posts or doing it with our dogs alongside us, stand for examination, while we each leave our dog and go over the other dog that is standing, long sits and downs (they are all at the point of leaving the room) so I let them know if their dog moves, heeling and sometimes just sitting with Kris lying down as we watch one of them do scent discrimination. Lots of fun.

Kris has improved 100% in the time I have worked with them, don't know if it is the training or that she has been spayed or she is finally growing up at 13 months of age.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Man, I feel so unaccomplished compared to all you guys! Its inspiring.

Currently we're working on developing a solid nose and paw target. He knows both, but I am totally inconsistent with my commands so he'll sometimes do one, or the other, or both, when asked for one or the other.

Mostly though, I'm working on being more consistent myself, especially saying exactly what I mean (even using the clicker). I'm finding it surprisingly hard.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Top Dog

Nothing special, being a bit lazy on a lot and I wasn't all that strict with him. My main focus was really just having his attention and not flipping out or CONSTANTLY offering back up in place of sit or down. Sit, sit pretty, wait, and look at me was the main things. Everything else was just a meh. Couch thing was the closest I could get to core work on the stairs and still video.

Ace just wanted a treat...he leaves right after. Lol.

Sorry not embedded, on mobile. But for our first vid getting back into it, I hope it isn't too bad. I just felt like I needed to do SOMETHING to get started again, us know? And I didn't want either of us overly frustrated going back into this.

http://youtu.be/1wTzUTKSuRM
Old 03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Silence, peasants.

Default What are you working on?

LLW, the bane of my existence. It didn't help from the time that Feist was ten weeks old, she pulled like she was ready for the Iditarod. I am so, so excited to be seeing progress in this. A couple weeks ago I decided to put her on a head collar, because she gets into an instant tune-out state where all she did is pull, wouldn't even take food or look at me if we went on a walk on leash outdoors. It instantly changed her reaction, no frenzied pulling and I could get her to take treats here and there. After tons and tons of dropping treats on the ground, playing look at that (we've recently had some car/dog/person fixating to battle with too! All my fault really), she's improved so much and is offering focus to me. I cannot stress how big a change that is! Certainly a hole I got us in by not working on it, but glad we are clawing our way out. We stepped out the front door this morning on a flat collar, and she turned and looked up at me. Freaking hell yes.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Active Pup

Default Lehigh Pet Research

Hey everyone, I am a student at Lehigh University and I am currently working on a project that will hopefully making taking care of pets easier, specifically with younger children. If you have both children and pets, please take a minute and fill out this survey. We are trying to gain information on the behavior of children, especially when it comes to pets. Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CLWYGHC
Old 03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
The Monster.

This is the first time I've uploaded a video to Facebook instead of youtube. The settings are public, so hopefully people can see it.

I'll call this one "penguin" when it's done. We just started working on it last night after seeing a friend's video.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...t=vb.501513434

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog