Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Question What does this look like?

I'm not being paranoid I swear! I just was curious as to what this could be.....it's nothing serious (I don't think) but it has two little bites I believe or at least that's what it looks like....what does this look like to you?

Sorry for the fuzzyness....he wouldn't hold still lol

It's under his back, left leg right where the skin on the inside of the leg meets the skin on his stomach. I don't know how else he could've injured or cut that area.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

is that where the skin touches together? it could be yeast ..dogs do sweat on their bellies and if an area stays moist enough long enough that is a possibility.. if antibiotic cream doesn't clear it up you might consider a fungus amongus treatment. Mary my lab sweats so bad i feel like i ought to get her some shower to shower powder. Fortunate that she is easy to bath and in the ac a good deal of the hotter months.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
is that where the skin touches together? it could be yeast ..dogs do sweat on their bellies and if an area stays moist enough long enough that is a possibility.. if antibiotic cream doesn't clear it up you might consider a fungus amongus treatment. Mary my lab sweats so bad i feel like i ought to get her some shower to shower powder. Fortunate that she is easy to bath and in the ac a good deal of the hotter months.
It's not exactly where it meets, but it's pretty close. But it is probably from all the rain lately. He loves to stay outside and lay in the "dirt" too bad it's mostly not dirt....it's mud! But I towel him off when he gets inside and give him a bath if he's too dirty, but it's probably just an area I don't get dry enough. I'll see if the antibiotic cream works. Thanks smkie!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Active Pup

Look up Dermacton on the net - its amazing with rashes, sores, dermatitis etc and is a purely for dogs. I get mine off ebay. The picture looks fuzzy, its not two in line puncture wounds is it? My friends dog was bitten by an adder and even the vet didnt realise what it was for a few days.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshuman
Look up Dermacton on the net - its amazing with rashes, sores, dermatitis etc and is a purely for dogs. I get mine off ebay. The picture looks fuzzy, its not two in line puncture wounds is it? My friends dog was bitten by an adder and even the vet didnt realise what it was for a few days.
Thanks gilshuman, but I think smkie was right. I put antibiotic cream on it and it's starting to go away. I don't think he got bit by a snake or anything, I'm always with him when he goes outside so I probably would've noticed him yelp.....he is a big baby lol Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Fila Love

It could have been a spider bite. Keep an eye it just in case. Some spiders do leave fang marks.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
<------

fila is right, does he seem irritated by it at all?