Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default Associates of Science

Okay! I need some advice as Google isn't giving me very good answers. I'd really like to try to get a job in an environmental or science field after my associates of science is achieved to kind of get some experience under my belt while working on my bachelors. Does anyone know what kind of positions I would be qualified for?

TIA.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 03-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Taxiderpy

Look at job listings for your state government and see what the prerequisites are for various assistant jobs. Craigslist is another place to look, both for jobs and to get an idea of what prereqs people are looking for.

You might be able to get a position in the medical research field depending where you live. Some facilities will hire people with associate of science degrees for assistant/peon positions.

Americorps may also have something ecology wise. There's the normal Americorps program, and then there's Vista which is more managerial type stuff that looks good on resumes. The stipend is crap, but they do give you around $5K-ish for scholarship money. I think you can use it towards paying off student loans, but you'd want to check to be sure.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Just try me..

My suggestion isn't to just look at what you are qualified to do, or what you can apply for.. Find out what it takes to get a job.

What I mean by that is, for example most molecular bio jobs only require an honours degree. BUT pretty much all the people hired have at least their masters. Its that competitive for jobs.