Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 765
Default Baby rat pics! :)

I know I've mentioned it a couple times on here in the past, but for those who don't know, I am a small scale hobby breeder of rats. These guys are from my most recent litter! Just for the record, I'm keeping all of these guys





Pearl merle, mink merle, and mink babies

__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:02 PM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is offline
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,302
Default

Omigod. The little white feetsies. SO CUTE.

That is one thing I've never had - baby rattikins. They've all be adopted as young adults, although I did pet sit for Choco and Bees when they were wee babes. But the CUTES. I would love to have baby rattikins.
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Omigod. The little white feetsies. SO CUTE.

That is one thing I've never had - baby rattikins. They've all be adopted as young adults, although I did pet sit for Choco and Bees when they were wee babes. But the CUTES. I would love to have baby rattikins.
Thank you! They are a blast to have around!
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:32 PM
kady05's Avatar
kady05 kady05 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,242
Default

OH MY GOD. I literally squealed LOL.

I LOVE the minks and the merles! And some look to be dumbos as well? Do you have pictures of the parents?

I had rats (mostly dumbos) from 5th grade til I was a senior in high school. Loved them, best small pets ever.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,086
Default

So freaking cute!!!!!

I miss having ratties
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
OH MY GOD. I literally squealed LOL.

I LOVE the minks and the merles! And some look to be dumbos as well? Do you have pictures of the parents?

I had rats (mostly dumbos) from 5th grade til I was a senior in high school. Loved them, best small pets ever.
There are some dumbo in there There are also a few dwarfs. I have some pictures of both parents floating around somewhere. Will try to dig them up. Father is pearl merle with a heavy concentration of pearl, merle, mink, and dove in his family tree, and mother is black berk dwarf with heavy concentrations of the same. They are STRONG little shits to! These guys are going to be a force to reckon with!
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2014, 03:34 PM
kady05's Avatar
kady05 kady05 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
There are some dumbo in there There are also a few dwarfs. I have some pictures of both parents floating around somewhere. Will try to dig them up. Father is pearl merle with a heavy concentration of pearl, merle, mink, and dove in his family tree, and mother is black berk dwarf with heavy concentrations of the same. They are STRONG little shits to! These guys are going to be a force to reckon with!
Oh that's so neat! I never ended up with a dwarf, was on the waiting list for a litter that was supposed to have some but the breeding didn't take :/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,669
Default

SQUEEE! Now I just want a billion baby ratties. So freaking cute!
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
Oh that's so neat! I never ended up with a dwarf, was on the waiting list for a litter that was supposed to have some but the breeding didn't take :/
Fresca (the mother) was kind of a surprise. There's dwarf several generations back in her pedigree, but I really wasn't expecting it! This gives me the chance to work on a dwarf Merle line
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:12 PM
kady05's Avatar
kady05 kady05 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,242
Default

You have to post updated pictures as they grow.. they're about to be in the cutest stage ever.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site