Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Flatcoats: Lifespan/proclivity to cancer is the only thing I would change. But it really needs to change.

Minor, but personally, I wish they were on average a bit smaller (or at least that the upper end of the size spectrum wasn't so very big), but watching one haul in duck after duck or, more impressively, Canadian geese out of water and up banks...I can understand how that 50-75lb range is a benefit. Bigger than that, though, and I just really can't see the benefit.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Well, I've been away from my dogs for 10 days so everything about them seems perfect right now haha.

Aussies are my breed of choice now, and I can't really think of anything major that I'd change. I hope I never end up with a supremely hairy one and I wish they played a tad less physically. Journey LOVES to body slam everything and I worry about her safety and also feel bad for other dogs when she does it to them, and I don't really appreciate the random bursts she inflicts on me either haha. Also, Journey is not a barky dog except in certain situations, but it would be nice if the breed as a whole wasn't barky. But yeah, all in all, I love them just the way they are and there is nothing about them that is a deal breaker. And physically, I don't like extremes at all (too heavy boned, too much coat, too big or alternatively some of the super slight, naked or curly coated, teeny tiny dogs barely recognizable as Aussies). I like a dog somewhere between extreme show and extreme working. I love Journey's build right now and hope she maintains her athleticism and leggy-ness as she matures. I'd be super happy just to have all the rest of my Aussies from here on out to be a lot like Journey. She's about as ideal as it gets for me in a dog.

And I kind of hope my next one has a tail. I love the look of no tail, but for the activities I like to do with my dogs, I'd feel more comfortable with a tailed dog. It's not a deal breaker for me, but when comparing Journ and other Aussies to the tailed Aussie I know, I sometimes really wish Journ had one too.

Other breeds...

I really love Koolies still too and want one for sure. The only thing I'd change is the barking. I feel like they bark a lot more than I am used to, but oh well. Barking is manageable.

And I still love Tollers, but I wish it weren't so hard to find a stable, solid nerved dog. I don't think I'll even have another at this point simply because of that. I've just been around way more spooky weird Tollers than nice ones unfortunately.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
An Aussie would be NextDog but for this. Also, if they were bigger.