Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Allons-y!

Match show on March 2nd - we probably won't bring the girl dogs but Newton will be there. The kennel club invited longhaired whippets and some other rare breeds, which was a very nice gesture!

Agility trial sometime in March, depending on how busy I am with classes.

ILWC specialty at the end of May.

And the biggest dog plan - hopefully Journey puppies mid-April

Emily &:
Aurai Treasure Island - "Simon"
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

For Gabby: April WCRL trial! Maybe, hopefully an AKC rally trial in the summer.
For Siri: I'm hoping to talk Lauren into taking her to the weight pull intro thinger, and I'm supposed to be showing her in the April WCRL trial as well!

That's pretty much all I'm looking forward to right now in regards to showing!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
All USDAA agility, all the time (or as much as my wallet can manage).

Definitely all three days in RI over Memorial Day weekend, as that is my birthday and my gift to myself is 3 days of trialing without hating myself for spending the money (and it is a great site that my dogs love).
I'll be at that show with my boys! Just look for the rottweilers....I'll stand out. LOL
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RE SPG NJC TN-O APDT RL1 AOE- L1 HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
I'll be at that show with my boys! Just look for the rottweilers....I'll stand out. LOL
Speaking of shows with the rottie twins, are there any West Springfield shows you guys attend, other than the Thanksgiving cluster? I looked for you guys last year, but didn't see any rotties hanging around (just a million shelties and border collies). I have a feeling we'll be there at least a few times this year. Do they have agility at the July 4th cluster? I've decided to go major-or-bust and do every day of that show.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I bet you will! We don't blend either - little brindle hound and a little "What is that?!"

Old 02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I have to still sit down and make my calendar. I can't do too much this year because of moving. There will be a few lure coursing trials and possibly one or two straight races.

Going to do the barn hunt trial with Jacksonsmom probably. Speaking of which where are the practices being held that you mentioned?

Pet expo in March

Possibly entering a rally trial if I can work up the nerve.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Speaking of shows with the rottie twins, are there any West Springfield shows you guys attend, other than the Thanksgiving cluster? I looked for you guys last year, but didn't see any rotties hanging around (just a million shelties and border collies). I have a feeling we'll be there at least a few times this year. Do they have agility at the July 4th cluster? I've decided to go major-or-bust and do every day of that show.
Not really...if I make the trek to Springfield...it's for the thanksgiving cluster. As far as I've seen...that's the only time they do agility there.

A lot of the rottie crew besides me don't let their dogs hang around...they usually just keep them in the cars. The Deerwoods crew all wear matching tie dye sweatshirts so we can find each other. LOL Next year, I'll take photos of the colors we chose for the days you'll be there. Don't worry...you'll see us. We look like a cult or something wandering around the Mallory building. LOL

Editing to ask...would you ever go to the Wine Country Cluster in Romulus, NY? That's back "home" for me...and it's at Sampson State Park on the east shore half way up Seneca Lake. It's not far at all from Ithaca. Figured that's a good reference since you and I both have close ties to "high above Cayuga's Waters."
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RE SPG NJC TN-O APDT RL1 AOE- L1 HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Show Dog

The plan is to 'debut' Badger at Bucks/Trenton the first weekend in May. That's the only solid conformation plan I have.

There's going to be a nosework seminar sometime in March. It might conflict with Pig's 2x2 class though and we've been having trouble with those, so I'll have to see about that.

I'm still undecided about an obedience seminar in June. Part of me really really wants to go, but it would also mean skipping out on my trip to California in May.

No other set plans for trials, but I might try to get Badger's TDI at some point this year.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
Editing to ask...would you ever go to the Wine Country Cluster in Romulus, NY? That's back "home" for me...and it's at Sampson State Park on the east shore half way up Seneca Lake. It's not far at all from Ithaca. Figured that's a good reference since you and I both have close ties to "high above Cayuga's Waters."
I actually really want to go to that show, since my husband and I both love that area (he also went to Cornell and is from Rochester). The past entires show that no Welshies ever enter though, so I kind of crossed it off for conformation. Maybe if we're ready for rally this year we could attend. At the very least I could drink so much local wine that I don't mind being the only Welsh and having to go in the group ring. Haha

Old 02-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katem View Post
The plan is to 'debut' Badger at Bucks/Trenton the first weekend in May. That's the only solid conformation plan I have.

There's going to be a nosework seminar sometime in March. It might conflict with Pig's 2x2 class though and we've been having trouble with those, so I'll have to see about that.

I'm still undecided about an obedience seminar in June. Part of me really really wants to go, but it would also mean skipping out on my trip to California in May.

No other set plans for trials, but I might try to get Badger's TDI at some point this year.
What's the Trenton show? Watson's breeder is near Trenton, NJ so maybe we should look into that one.

And you should definitely do the obedience seminar!