Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

Default What are your upcoming Dog Plans?

I'm kind of excited because my "dog calender" just got fairly busy, so lots of things to look forward to.

March 8th and 9th - MD Dogfest (and I'm going to sign him up for the trick contest )

Agility classes start up again March 4th.

Barn hunt practice March 23rd and April 6th.

We're going to a Barn Hunt Trial April 12-13th.

Possible Earthdog on May 27th-18 depending on when/if I get Jackson his PAL.

I THINK that's all for now, but what's on your guys schedules?

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like you have a lot of fun coming up!

Elsie and I are going to start trialing for her CD tomorrow (gulp!). We're signed up for two shows this weekend. There's another show in April that we're going to aim for, if nothing comes up before then, too.

We also have our nosework class next weekend, which is so fun.

Other than that we don't have anything scheduled.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Our lives are kind of in limbo, so dog plans have consisted of weekly Nosework classes and Rally run thrus. But, hopefully, tomorrow we'll be finishing up Caleb's URO1 title. That's if the building doesn't lose power from the snow we're expecting tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

My calendar is filling up! I really want to finish Watson this summer, so I need to look around for more shows to enter between March and June. There are also some Ian Dunbar seminars in the area, so I need to figure out if I'm going to any of those. We're doing agility on Thursdays and Nosework on Saturdays. I'm kind of obsessed with Denise Fenzi courses now, so I see more of those in our future. No immediate plans to start local obedience/rally classes - I want to work on some stuff on my own, then try again.

March 15-16: New England Sporting Dog Association Show in West Springfield

May 17-18: Jack Russel Show (not for Watson obviously, just going with a friend and her dogs)

May 31: Nosework Trial

June 6-8: Beginning Obedience seminar in NJ

June 19-22: New Paltz dog show

July 4-6: West Springfield 4th of July cluster dog show

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12

Last edited by Elrohwen; 02-14-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:17 PM
The Monster.

I don't like signing up for anything more than about a week in advance, so I have no plans for the most part!

We have a big performance at the All About Pets Show in Toronto over Easter long weekend in April which I'm VERY excited to attend. http://www.allaboutpetsshow.com/

Then agility regionals happen in June, which I'm hoping to attend... if I ever send in my registration. I'll probably not register until I've attended another trial so I can ride the high from the trial while sending it in.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Saturdays - Starting tomorrow I'm going to try to work on Ruby's obedience and tricks while I teach classes. *Hopefully* she is a suitable little demo dog in class.

February 23rd - Agility Houseleague with Cobain

March 8/9 - Agility trail with Cobain and Rigby - IF our housing situation settles.

March 16th - Scent Detection Workshop with Rigby

Easter Weekend - All About Pets Show with the Woofjocks (permitting my exam schedule isn't totally out to get me :P)

Also hoping to get into a musical freestyle and disc class at some point soon.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm All Ears

I don't know our exact dates now and don't want to look them up lol

This weekend and weekend after next are our last two weeks of tricks/distractions classes. Mia will be in a tricks video.

Weekly agility on Mondays as usual for as far as I am aware.

TDAA trial in March with Summer.

USDAA trial in April with Summer.

Probably won't trial Mia.

There's a couple more TDAA coming up but I'm going to hold off to enter until the first one is done just to see. I think if we do well enough I could knock out her standard first level title in a trial or two (don't know the technicalities of the venue yet or what the title is called off the top of my head hahaha).

Nosework group practices 2 or so times a month at various places. Going for their birch ORT in May, I believe? Or April? I think it's May. Hopefully both will pass their birch. And I am contemplating buying another odor to start up to try to pass more than one since ORTs are so far away except this one. But I need to get on it if I'm going to do it..... Depending on how the ORT goes, the nearest trial is in Colorado this summer and I'm kind of planning to maybe go.

Mia is signed up for a barn hunt seminar (try it again) in March. MAY do a private lesson for barnhunt just to intro her to the rats away from the other worked up dogs. I'm anxious to see how she reacts at the seminar because her drive for mice is WAY HIGH since killing those two.

Might be doing another tricks class with Mia. I really like doing them and just found out one will be offered this spring. It's a nice, low stress thing for Mia and she loves it.

Also doing Denise Fenzi's online NW220 advanced nosework class right now.

Puppy in winter.

That's about it.

Last edited by Laurelin; 02-14-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Louisville in March, less than a month away now. My mom keeps talking about pulling Georgie. I have a lot of work to do and am kind of worried about not being ready... it's a lot of money. I don't know. I'm probably going to just barrel ahead and whatever happens will happen and I will just have to try my best to not burst into tears over everybody failing spectacularly all over the place. Because that will not be a very happy ending to Auggie's book.

That's all I have right now. The local trial is the weekend of my half-marathon, I'm trying to decide if I want to enter the dogs on Sunday (race is on Saturday.) It would be a terrible idea because I'll be nice and broken and hobbley. But I'm still thinking about it. It's right here, I don't have to travel for it. So. Thinking about it.

There's plenty on the calendar after that but not making any plans yet because it all depends on a variety of factors.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-14-2014, 12:38 PM
such sights to show you

Mush for a Cure in March, hopefully a WCRL rally trial in April, then no solid plans for specific events for awhile.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

CPE trial next weekend for the girls.

Pet Expo next Sunday.

Then nothing. I haven't sent registration in for any trials because of the uncertainty of where we will be living. It seems so weird to not see my calender full every weekend, it's really sad.

Other than that, we have disc dog comps getting planned for the spring/summer. Our disc dog club just announced our June seminar as well, it's going to be a blast!!! Whole weekend of camping and disc dog geeking-out, beersbie and disc golf.