Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I just started doing My Fitness Pal--does anyone else do it?
Infrequently... I need to use it more because I still have trouble eating enough food, but I'm still in that "if I don't SEE how low the numbers are I can PRETEND they're not that low!" mode. I get really good about tracking for a week and then I'm like "la la la tracking food sucks" and I stop.

I also hate that it automatically adds your exercise calories for you to "eat back." If I were doing lean gains or something, yes, but I'm not... so no please. There's no way to turn that off either. Urgh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I have been serious about working out again.... Yes, I still worked out during the holidays, just a little infrequently Didn't really gain any weight and I also watched what I was eating.

But now I'm back to working out HARD. And tonight, my whole body feels sore, my legs were so heavy walking up the stairs.

I can't wait to go back and work out some more. Tehehehe.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

On Day 8 of the South Beach Diet, Day 3 of a Jillian Michaels Body Revolution DVD set my coworkers and I are doing together. So far I'm at 4.4lbs lost for the week!

Nerd Herd's Virtual Races are announced so need to start looking into running again so I can do those. Going to see if there are any other races in the same time criteria and get DOUBLE THE MEDALS!!!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Infrequently... I need to use it more because I still have trouble eating enough food, but I'm still in that "if I don't SEE how low the numbers are I can PRETEND they're not that low!" mode. I get really good about tracking for a week and then I'm like "la la la tracking food sucks" and I stop.

I also hate that it automatically adds your exercise calories for you to "eat back." If I were doing lean gains or something, yes, but I'm not... so no please. There's no way to turn that off either. Urgh.
For me I've found tracking is the key-I like this better than the WW tracker. Something about seeing the actual calories as opposed to points, also I like the protein-carb-fat break down-I feel like I'm getting more feedback.

I'm starting to work out next week-just 30 min at a time though-too out if shape for anything else!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Obey the Toad.

Just need to get this off my chest-ugh. For many many years, since middle school really (I'm 32), I've been using binging to deal with worry, stress, emotion, etc. I have not binged since Monday night and am having some anxiety symptoms. I have already taken my medicine for the day--ugh I hate this. I can't eat my stress away and expect to live very long and I SO want to be healthy, but I'm just having a hard time. I've not binged, just keeping in mind how bad I'll feel afterwards, but this is hard--I have to totally fix how I deal with stress...

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Haven't touched my shoes since last week when I did some cardio while studying. Why must I lack motivation? Been eating better minus the massive amounts of cookies and ice cream.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Aware

Did a mile with Bloo and Em today! Was going to do more, but it started raining. Bloo hates the rain.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Did probably around 1.5 miles of mostly walking, but some running. My in-laws live at the end of our road, so I went to their house. Had plans to come back, but ended up being very sore in my lower back and opted for a ride home. Any ideas on what could cause the soreness? It happens every time I try to work out and that's part of the reason I never stick with it.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Did probably around 1.5 miles of mostly walking, but some running. My in-laws live at the end of our road, so I went to their house. Had plans to come back, but ended up being very sore in my lower back and opted for a ride home. Any ideas on what could cause the soreness? It happens every time I try to work out and that's part of the reason I never stick with it.
Lots of possible reasons. I would recommend finding a good sports doctor and getting it checked out medically. It could be as simple as your core is weak (lower back is part of the core) and needs strengthening. Or you might have something more serious going on, like something could be slipped or pinched. Whatever it is, they can pinpoint it and then help you figure out how to strengthen for it OR what you can do that won't aggravate it. A good physical exam is important, possibly an x-ray if they find anything of concern.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Lots of possible reasons. I would recommend finding a good sports doctor and getting it checked out medically. It could be as simple as your core is weak (lower back is part of the core) and needs strengthening. Or you might have something more serious going on, like something could be slipped or pinched. Whatever it is, they can pinpoint it and then help you figure out how to strengthen for it OR what you can do that won't aggravate it. A good physical exam is important, possibly an x-ray if they find anything of concern.
I will have to see what I can find! I haven't had a general health exam in about 2 years. Will I need one of those first or can I see a sports doc without?

Since getting "out" of horses/regular riding/barn chores, I've lost most of my strength and fitness. Equine activity was definitely a physical exercise crutch for me. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that my core was very weak, but I agree that a checkup is in order. Would a physical therapist offer something similar or is that normally the next step?

PS- Beanie, move here and be my personal trainer?