Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttkip View Post
His off switch is awesome

I haven't been able to get him outside to let burn off his energy with fetch for a few days now, but he's content enough to chew antlers and cuddle with me.

He knows when to mellow out when I need him to and when he be OMG HYPER PUPPEH!!>!>! But as far a him maturing into one, he came with. Most Labs I've been around have them, you just gotta work their minds a little bit or even take the edge off with 15-40 minutes of fetch and good to go.

But also keep in mind Outlaw is a field bred Lab and this is not the "norm" for them, I went to a hunting breeder because I wanted a certain look and energy level and got what I wanted. A bench bred Lab will have the right amount of energy, but has a better off switch
That's great! I love Outlaw. And I can't believe he's only 4 months! Big boy, lol.
I'm laughing at myself using Millie as an example being a herding mix vs. a lab. Her other part is lab. But in temperament is much more BC.
Anyway, yeah, I think a lab could be really good for you, Paige.