Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

My second video for precision heeling. Much better! I ditched the frisbee for a taller disc and he did so much better. With a flat object he doesn't seem to realize if one foot is off (or slightly off) so he thinks he's right and gets frustrated at me. With the over turned dish, he understands what I want much better.

He added some of the pivoting on his own if I stepped away and to the side, so I showed that here. He's horrible at moving counter clockwise though, which is funny to watch. He always ends up with his butt at 10:00.

http://youtu.be/lcHUWa-Bzoc

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

We did some obedience practice last night. With the snow too icy to run on this week and sitting in a crate for four hours while waiting your turn and watching your little brat bro work in rally with mom...Lars' flux capacitor almost hit 1.21 gigawatts while doing Utility Obedience. I've got everything in place...just a few normal bugs we have to work on and that will get worked out with more Utility mileage on both of us.

He is my first official utility dog...and I'm self taught in it for the most part. So...I'm just thrilled we've gotten to this point. I'm thinking just going for it and entering him in the spring in Util A.

Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RA NJC TN-O HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Love Mr Lars.

He cracks me up with throwing the articles. He's just so excited about it all.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-10-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Love Mr Lars.

He cracks me up with throwing the articles. He's just so excited about it all.
I love Mr. Lars too.
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM

We did a show and go yesterday and we ran Utility and Open. Utility was great and I think we would have qualified if it had been real. Lars nailed everything...the only real blip we had was he veered to the right on his go outs. There was a power outlet on the wall and a lot of the dogs were veering to that instead of the stantion. The wall behind the ring gates was corrugated metal with strong vertical lines...I think the stantion was very hard to see but the power outlet wasn't. That's one thing to proof for!

There was a guy taking pics of the dogs and handlers and I'll post some for you guys!

Retrieve over the high jump - Open

Heeling - halt

Directed Jumping Go Outs...

Lars loving life in obedience -

2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

Marsh's first figure 8.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Big Dog

Had our "Fun Agility and Obedience Trial" on Saturday. I must say we had fun. Kris was so excited at all the strange dogs and all the people that it was hard to get much focus. She had gotten used to the four or five dogs we trained with all the time.

Her heeling left a lot to be desired, especially when they threw a dumbbell in the ring next to us and she went leaping through the air. She did the figure 8 really well. When we finished the heel on leash, the judge asked if I wanted to do it off-lead and was really surprised when I said yes. She actually did it better off-lead and stayed with me. I think she expected her to just take off. Her Stand for Examination was perfect which we have been really working on. Her recall would have been perfect except she went right into heel, will have to work on that. Probably a good thing she went to heel as she came so fast I think if she had tried to stop in front of me she would have knocked me over.

She passed the Long Sit and I never expected a problem with the Long Down but she broke. She has never gone up to any of the other dogs so does not distract anyone else. When I took her out afterwards she had to really pee so that was my fault.

I am really pleased with her progress and she should be ready for Rally later this summer. Her Agility classes were cancelled, not enough dogs, so I am going to concentrate on the Obedience right now.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Top Dog

I am so darn proud of Gabby. She has rekindled my love of obedience. I am so excited for our first show coming up! And good grief does she make me happy. Lauren and I went out to work at PSP today and Gabby worked just like we were working in the hallway at home. All of her heeling has been offered so far and she offered to work as we were walking into the store today. So much to be happy about with her. She doesn't have behavior chains for heeling patterns yet, but we've been working on the pieces. I've been trying SO hard not to lump behaviors!

Video from a couple days ago.
http://youtu.be/SqiVfdOIXTc
Puzzle Piece Gabby 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years