Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Like a lot of others have already mentioned Game of Thrones is a big one for me too. I am also very into the Walking Dead.

I also watch Criminal Minds... I used to watch all the Law and Orders as well. SVU is the only one still running now. I love a good cop/crime show.

I was very much into BSG. Firefly is a must for any card carrying geek

I like dark and gritty when it comes to TV that is what draws me in more than anything.

I also loved Leverage, Linds Parker for the win!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Sherlock

The wire

Six feet under
Old 02-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Um, up until last week, football?

I don't really watch anything current on TV, so that sort of limits me. I don't have the "did you watch such-and-such last night?" conversations. I'm watching through stuff on Amazon Prime but I don't really have anybody to geek out about with it. Though the other day I was trying to solve a coding problem and I was like "I THINK NUMB3RS HELPED ME SOLVE MY CODING ISSUE." But I didn't tell anybody LOL. Because I feel like a nerd already with coding stuff, I didn't want to complicate it by bringing up the nerdy show about math, hahaha.

I plan to start watching Downton Abbey once I'm done with Numb3rs - I THINK all of the previous seasons are on Prime - I know several of my friends are watching that, so maybe that? But I still have to make an effort to watch the new episodes every week LOL. Ugh I'm so bad about remembering when stuff is on TV...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-09-2014, 11:36 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Not gonna lie, I've been trying to find that on my Roku because I really kinda want to watch it.
It's really awesome, I hope you can find it. A couple of episodes were iffy (just got a little *too* far out there for a minute) a while back, but it rebounded and is better than ever.

Whenever I mention Teen Wolf to someone who hasn't seen it, they make the mistake of comparing it to the cheesy 80's movie and act like I'm crazy for watching it. It's so not like that at all. It's actually very serious at times, very dark at times, and appropriately comedic at times.

Plus, Tyler Hoechlin is not hard on the eyes... at all. :P

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Wookie Collie

I'm only listing currently-ongoing shows that I feel this way about. If I included completed shows, I'd be here all day.

I adore Doctor Who and have adored it since I was seven, but I only really geek out about it with select people TBH. I'm a hipster and too many people like it now.

Game of Thrones is pretty nerrrrrdy.

Adventure Time. All the way. Algebraic. Bacon pancakes. I'mma puncha yo' buns. Etc.

My Little Pony. I'm an grown-ass woman with no children and I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-10-2014, 06:47 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

LOST. Oh my gosh. It is my life. GRANTED I haven't seen the last season so please no spoilers.

The Vampire Diaries. I will say that I don't like these new episodes though. :/ I'm just hoping it gets better. But the first few season, omg! I've watched season one like 4 times.

Teen Wolf. Same as above, I feel like the newer episodes aren't as good BUT they have started getting better.

Smallville, BUT they need to put them on Netflix! Because I only watched to season 6 and then I went back to public school and this is when we didn't have the magical DVR in our lives so I got off track with the seasons and yeah. Never finished the series. But I was hardcore from day one til season 6 or maybe even 7 I can't remember. I just know I have season 6 on DVD.

Gilmore Girls but same as above. I've seen so many episodes and so many re-runs and I've seen some episodes like 15 times and others I know I haven't seen at all. But again I watched them before DVR so I never finished it either. Netflix, get your sh** together.

Hmmm I'm not sure about any others. I need a new good series though, my life will shatter into a million shards and scatter to the four winds when I finish Lost. :,(

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

I love these threads, now I have lots of new things to watch!

Fringe is by far one of my favorite shows (except the first episode). I love the story, love the people, and love the fact that it has an AMAZING ending.

I actually like Serenity more than Firefly - probably because I saw it first. They're both amazing though.

I'm super sad they took Stargate Atlantis off Netflix. I <3 John Shepherd.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other shows but I haven't had enough coffee today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I adore Doctor Who and have adored it since I was seven, but I only really geek out about it with select people TBH. I'm a hipster and too many people like it now.
The fandom surrounding Doctor Who really puts me off. I got into it a couple years ago and I love it but the superfans kind of weird me out.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

For the Game of Thrones fans (who don't mind nonspecific/minor-ish spoilers and some possible hints leading to spoilers): An entire 14 minute foreshadowing video with clips from the upcoming season! AHHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
The fandom surrounding Doctor Who really puts me off. I got into it a couple years ago and I love it but the superfans kind of weird me out.
Ugh, yeah. So much this. Honestly just hearing how many fans gushing over it being "not just a show" and the best thing to happen since sliced bread... just makes me automatically weirded out by the fan, and then somehow the show by default. Except in my case this was before ever watching the show, so I had a bad taste in my mouth going in, was completely unimpressed and couldn't continue.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
x2. I haven't started watching through it yet, I intend to... but there are definitely elements of the fandom that are just wow. Even my friends who like it have told me "You probably won't like it very much, because now people have built it up so much as SO EPIC, you're going to be really unimpressed."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Even my friends who like it have told me "You probably won't like it very much, because now people have built it up so much as SO EPIC, you're going to be really unimpressed."
This happened. And I couldn't even get through the second episode. So incredibly cheesy.
*waits for torches and pitchforks*