Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Photographers: ordering prints - posting to FB?

I am trying to wrap my head around all this.. I am doing a photoshoot in a few months. Which is supposed to be really fun but is turning into kind of a headache
If I buy a bunch of prints, can THOSE be put on facebook?
..or do I have to buy the digital file?

/why the heck is the digital file $150 and the print $50 UGH

I think the whole print thing is a little ridiculous honestly. WTF am I gonna do with a bunch of prints of myself? Put them in an album and pull it out for guests? It's 2014 for heaven's sake.
I don't want a PRINT of a picture of myself.

and if I buy the print...what is the harm of it being on facebook. Is it just kinda frowned upon or actually messed up for me to do this.

I fully intend on purchasing prints even though I don't really need them... I am all about quality prints and supporting the photographers, I get it.
....but I also feel like what's the difference between me taking MY PRINT and displaying it on my wall and taking my print and posting it on facebook.
I am not using it to make money or anything.

If anything me posting it on facebook/giving credit is certainly going to get you more clients than the pics sitting on my mantle.

So long story short....Is it ok to post a print (that you bought from a photoshoot you paid for) to facebook?