Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
nothing inherently wrong with fakers, provided the dogs are well behaved. who cares? if the dog isnt hurting anyone, scaring anyone, or shitting in the aisleway, WHO CARES?! attitude and nastiness and the cry for tighter and tighter regulations, THATS what hurting legitimate SD teams, NOT fakers. and if someone has a dangerous dog, fake or legit, they need to be held accountable for the dogs behavior. this has nothing to do with disabilities.
Yeah, I have a big problem with faking and lying. I think its selfish and arrogant.

The cry for tighter regulation (which I dont necessarily agree with as I think it can cause problems) is very much because of fakers in many cases.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Except they're breaking the law and could make it more difficult for real service dog handlers.
This.

I used to think this way too before my anxiety got really bad and I was suddenly facing the possible need of a SD and suddenly seeing the other side of things.

So no ... No matter how well behaved they are.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Except they're breaking the law and could make it more difficult for real service dog handlers.
if the dog is well behaved and appears, on casual inspection, to be legit, who is being hurt by it? you cant say that disabled people are protected and allowed to have SD even if they dont LOOK disabled, and then turn around and kick up such a huge fuss over people that dont look disabled using a SD
Old 01-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
if the dog is well behaved and appears, on casual inspection, to be legit, who is being hurt by it? you cant say that disabled people are protected and allowed to have SD even if they dont LOOK disabled, and then turn around and kick up such a huge fuss over people that dont look disabled using a SD
Because unlike a companion dog walking down the street with it's person, a service dog is never under "casual inspection". They are constantly under CLOSE SCRUTINY by everyone you meet. People constantly comment on them, their looks, their behavior, you, and your disability or apparent lack thereof.

Impersonating a disabled SD handler is also a felony with a very steep fine if you get caught.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

But having a fair SD is hurting the people, whether they look it or not. They are just starting to use SD's for soldiers with PTSD, I would hate to see that messed il by a few fakers.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
nothing inherently wrong with fakers, provided the dogs are well behaved. who cares? if the dog isnt hurting anyone, scaring anyone, or shitting in the aisleway, WHO CARES?! attitude and nastiness and the cry for tighter and tighter regulations, THATS what hurting legitimate SD teams, NOT fakers. and if someone has a dangerous dog, fake or legit, they need to be held accountable for the dogs behavior. this has nothing to do with disabilities.
We've had this discussion with you before.

Cue this being a 10-page thread.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Because unlike a companion dog walking down the street with it's person, a service dog is never under "casual inspection". They are constantly under CLOSE SCRUTINY by everyone you meet. People constantly comment on them, their looks, their behavior, you, and your disability or apparent lack thereof.

Impersonating a disabled SD handler is also a felony with a very steep fine if you get caught.
This. Plus, it's not really fair to subject the general public to a dog that isn't actually necessary. Disabled SD handlers get to use their SDs in stores because it mitigates their disability and gives them independence. This is something the public just has to deal with. SDs are far from common - I very rarely see another SD when I'm out. If SDs were "common" then people wouldn't freak out so bad every time they saw one. Asking people to deal with an impeccably trained dog in a store once in a while for the sake of someone's independence is different than asking them to deal with a store full of "well trained" (or not) pet dogs just because someone wants to take their dog with them for shits and giggles. People with allergies or who are afraid of dogs can currently avoid SDs pretty easily. That's not the case when everyone brings their pet dog to the grocery store with them. What then?

Plus, the whole lying and breaking the law thing. There's that.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Legitimate handlers care because it is breaking the law that protects out rights. It makes others think it's okay. They will bring out their pet dogs. Our dogs end up getting attacked, gatekeepers try to turn us away because the last dog was bad... That's what's wrong with fakers. There's a lot wrong with fakers. It also has a lot to do with disabilities - if you can not physically protect your dog from another, who is going to? The laws are there to KEEP US SAFE. Keep your ****ing pets out of stores they don't belong in.

There are two kinda people who make those kinds of statements, ignorant and arrogant civilians and fakers.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Kung Pow Fish

i stand by what i said, and if you think the problem isnt the dogs behavior then you arent reading or comprehending anything iv said.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Club Terrible - President

It's not the dogs' behavior, it's yours.