Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Active Pup

I will definitely be trying this trick with my girl Paisley this week! I can't guarantee anything more than pictures, though. (We don't have a video camera and I don't have a remote for my camera so even then the pictures may not be that great.)

Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be stocking this "trick of the week" thing!

If you have any tips for putting pictures into my signature I will love you forever. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Big Dog

Here is Dex's foot rebound! I had to use the front facing camera on my phone to film it so it's not the best quality :/

Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 AM
The Monster.

Great work with Dex. I figured she'd be a bit big for this, but you proved me wrong. Awesome!

Cricket is so spunky and adorable. I think you'll get this one no problem with some good reward placement and breaking it down into bite sized pieces for her.

Great work everyone!

Didgie looks great. I see her doing the same thing as Cohen does and target the top of your foot instead of the sole. Not a big deal right now, and you can work her out of it. I just think it's funny that I can see the same thing crop up.

**** you guys and your spunky dogs. Love them all.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Great work with Dex. I figured she'd be a bit big for this, but you proved me wrong. Awesome!
Thanks! She's pretty light on her feet (I can hardly feel her rebound off my body when she does it). Won't be trying the foot rebound with Dodger, that's for sure!!

Here's his old video. It looks much better now, it's a very tight little turn but OMG HE HITS SO HARD. I can't do it without support at the moment, but I'm working on getting away from the wall. In the old video, he's super easy about it, but its a very wide turn (and one foot doesn't even make contact with me). The tighter I have him turn, the harder he hits me.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Thanks! She's pretty light on her feet (I can hardly feel her rebound off my body when she does it). Won't be trying the foot rebound with Dodger, that's for sure!!
It always amazes me how nicely Dex hits for her rebounds. And then I have wrecking ball tiny Zuma who nearly knocks me over.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Top Dog

Slow and steady wins the race right?

Very very happy with how things are going. She is getting much more comfortable actually jumping ON me now. We are at a point where most times she touches me with all 4 feet... sometimes it's actually painful. lol. Her turn has become a little less tight as a result but honestly for her I think that is a smaller hurdle than actually jumping at me so I might let that slide right now and try to tighten it up later as she comes comfortable. Though honestly I'm not sure how to tighten it up since reward placement IS where I want her to be. But meh... as I said, still pretty happy.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 AM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post

Very very happy with how things are going. She is getting much more comfortable actually jumping ON me now. We are at a point where most times she touches me with all 4 feet... sometimes it's actually painful. lol. Her turn has become a little less tight as a result but honestly for her I think that is a smaller hurdle than actually jumping at me so I might let that slide right now and try to tighten it up later as she comes comfortable. Though honestly I'm not sure how to tighten it up since reward placement IS where I want her to be. But meh... as I said, still pretty happy.

She's come a long way already. Sara gave me some good advice as far as tightening up the turns: reward from your hand. It's premature to do so now, as I think right now your concern should just be the jump on/off motion. Reward on the floor is just fine until the mechanics are down.

I had a good session this morning with Cohen. She was pushing off like crazy during her first few foot rebounds of the session. We got quite a few tidy through-spin-rebound repetitions where both she and I are getting more confident in our foot placement. I can't wait for the summer again so we can practice this stuff outside with more room to move.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
She's come a long way already. Sara gave me some good advice as far as tightening up the turns: reward from your hand. It's premature to do so now, as I think right now your concern should just be the jump on/off motion. Reward on the floor is just fine until the mechanics are down.

I had a good session this morning with Cohen. She was pushing off like crazy during her first few foot rebounds of the session. We got quite a few tidy through-spin-rebound repetitions where both she and I are getting more confident in our foot placement. I can't wait for the summer again so we can practice this stuff outside with more room to move.
Thanks for the tip! I will try that later on when we get there. Right now I think my next step is to possible move to a smaller seat... so maybe a dining room chair, so that she doesn't have the option to try to jump behind me looking for footing. And then after that I might try removing the seat and "sitting" against the wall.

Can't wait to see the sequence with Cohen! That's such a neat trick.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post

Awww this makes me want to attempt this with my Ibizan. I've been hesitant to try it with him because bit tall long awkward body and all, but it might be neat to see him attempt this.

I backed up a step with Cricket and now I'm focusing more on rewarding her from my hand to get her to turn more. I'm already seeing a lot more improvement. I will definitely try to get some video. Might bring my camera to work with me today.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Awww this makes me want to attempt this with my Ibizan. I've been hesitant to try it with him because bit tall long awkward body and all, but it might be neat to see him attempt this.
Do it!

And it is SO awkward. lol. I'm not totally convinced this will work with such a large, long, long legged dog. But it's worth a try. Only thing is if she does get it, I can see her throwing this at me randomly out of the blue and knocking me over.