Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-21-2014, 07:32 AM
The Monster.

Lovely! Just a thought - one of the first things I noticed was her collar dangling and jingling. I would take the collar off whenever you're training tricks, especially ones that require a bit of jumping around.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Here's a mostly unedited video of our foot rebound practice last night. You can see some of the issues crop up which I'm trying to work out, like her trying to vault off my foot instead of rebound. My goal was to keen turns tight and get her jumping from close up. I threw a couple spins in there too.

Note the PJs and bottle of wine in the background. The chair was more for laziness/comfort than any sort of tactical reason.

Looks awesome!! Nice and tight, she's being very deliberate about where she's placing her feet.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Soooo, how many tricks are too many to have going on at once?

Currently Indy is doing Hug, Bang your dead, limp dog, and I REALLY WANT to teach this one too
Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Soooo, how many tricks are too many to have going on at once?

Currently Indy is doing Hug, Bang your dead, limp dog, and I REALLY WANT to teach this one too
I'm normally doing 3-4 tricks at any one time. Sometimes more, sometimes less but I have a short attention span so I do best having more than one going on at a time.

So, do it!

Sekah, Cohen looks fantastic! Super tight and really consistent. Though, I kept waiting for her to hit you and the chair to spin in a circle

Krissy, she looks like she's getting it! She seemed to get more and more comfortable as the video went on, really impressed!

Here's Didgie today, I'm standing up but bracing myself on the cabinet behind me till I'm more steady. I want to get her doing it more consistently and closer up but as of right now she's doing pretty awesome! She hits it right about 3 out of 5 times but, she needs some distance from me that I want to work on eliminating

Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Bah! Didgie and Cohen are ridiculous! So cool! I will be happy if we can get a hip rebound. I'm not super confident that it will happen but we're working on it and we shall see. She's doing well tonight so maybe tomorrow I'll get some more video if she's made any progress. We are seriously going to be working tiny baby steps to get her jumping on me and not the ottoman. There's just really not a lot of space. Lol. I'm little, she's big. It shall be an interesting journey! Lol

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 01-21-2014, 05:52 PM
such sights to show you

Nope. Nope nope nope. I don't have the indoor space for this and I'm not teaching them to do it against the fence, so... we'll sit this one out and marvel at everyone else.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Here is where we are at so far....

Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Twin 2

Amber, I love how enthusiastic she is! She's super cute and I love seeing a video of her.

I might back up a step and be sitting or in more of a sitting position against the wall. She's not getting that turn in that she needs, she hits you and then turns away from you rather than in a circle which is what you want. Instead of throwing the treat away from you bring her back in by rewarding from your right hand.

So you want it to look like her jumping up from your right, turning her body back towards your right as she hits you to complete the turn.

Watch my video I posted in the start of the thread when I'm leaning against my dresser which is about where you are right now.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Amber, I love how enthusiastic she is! She's super cute and I love seeing a video of her.

I might back up a step and be sitting or in more of a sitting position against the wall. She's not getting that turn in that she needs, she hits you and then turns away from you rather than in a circle which is what you want. Instead of throwing the treat away from you bring her back in by rewarding from your right hand.

So you want it to look like her jumping up from your right, turning her body back towards your right as she hits you to complete the turn.

Watch my video I posted in the start of the thread when I'm leaning against my dresser which is about where you are right now.
Ya I definitely see what you are saying. I'll give that a shot. We are going to work more on it tomorrow. And thank you... she definitely is an enthusiastic dog and a blast to train. I wish I was a better trainer because this dog has insane potential.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Nope. Nope nope nope. I don't have the indoor space for this and I'm not teaching them to do it against the fence, so... we'll sit this one out and marvel at everyone else.
You totally have enough room! At least to teach Maisy to jump off of you!

But, if you insist on not doing it we're totally coming back to it in the summer when you won't have too litter of room inside as an excuse.