Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2014, 06:24 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Default Food Suggestions

OK so I'm trying to find a food that Pen and Bubby do well on. They actually do really well on Pro Plan Performance (or I think they renamed it Sport or something), but I was trying to find something a bit "better." We've been through Fromm, TOTW, and Nature's Variety Instinct. They get watery eyes, dry skin, not the best coats... Honestly the NV Instinct Raw Boost is awesome and Kimma and Jari do SO well on it, but it's just so expensive that I would rather have Pen and Bubby (and eventually switch Jari maybe) on something else.

I actually don't mind grains (at this point I'm wondering if they will even do better on a grain inclusive), no known food issues with any of those three (Kimma is my only one with food sensitivities), and the only thing Pen doesn't seem to be fond of in terms of taste with some of the foods is duck. I would prefer a brand with different protein formulas so that I can rotate, but that's not necessary (Kimma's been on a venison-based food for years and doesn't seem to care LOL).

It's not a big deal to me if I have to buy online versus in store.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)