Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Sit! Good dog.

You should try vet bed, it's brilliant. Doesn't lose it's fluffiness, goes in the washing machine, dries really quickly.

And you can get it in all manner of colours and patterns!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Yea, and if you don't care what it looks like you can often find it really cheap at fabric stores, if they're near the end of a roll of it or it's a seasonal pattern whose season has passed.
I do that aaaaaaall the time for dog blankets to put in crates... Remnants are the cheapest! I just usually cut them down to make more.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

By "dog bed" do you mean my own bed and couch? Because those aren't particularly clean anymore. At least the couches are leather and I can wipe them off. I just noticed muddy footprints all over my bed from yesterday.

I do have mats for the floor and the crate, and they're typically a mess. The one in the crate is covered in peanut butter from kongs after a day or two. They're from Mutt Matts and I love them. Super washable. Not very fluffy though if you're looking for that.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Show Dog

My dog bed has a removeable waterproof and washable cover, so the actual bed is competely clean. The cover varies depending on the last time I have washed it. Right now...lets just say its been a while
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Silence, peasants.

All 3 dogs have beds from LL Bean with removable covers, so they stay quite clean. Now that Feist has stopped her compulsion to pee on beds, anyway.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 01-17-2014, 02:50 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Zora has pretty good bed - it's not pretty or anything, but it is a good quality bed. Theres really soft fleece on the actual cover, but since she does get durty often, and looses fur like there is no tomorrow, we just cover it with a baby bed cover to keep it clean.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm having such a hard time with the dog beds lately. I just use blankets in the bedroom for at night, since they are easier to wash. Jasper sometimes pees in his sleep at night so it makes it a lot easier to be able to throw the whole thing in the wash.

The beds in the living room get dirty quickly since we go out on big muddy hikes every day and Jasper especially gets sooo much dirt on his skirts and stuff, even if I rub him down when we get back.

And then worst of all, one of my cats has taken to peeing on the dog beds recently. The smell of cat pee is SO HARD TO GET OUT! I have removable covers but the actual bed is also smelly, it's awful. I used baking soda and vinegar and it still vaguely smells.

I need to buy all new beds and get waterproof covers for them. There is no where cheap to buy beds around here though, just little boutique type pet shops, and I haven't even found any really good deals online. Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post

I need to buy all new beds and get waterproof covers for them. There is no where cheap to buy beds around here though, just little boutique type pet shops, and I haven't even found any really good deals online. Any suggestions?
I bought a waterproof dog bed cover at Target - don't know if there's one near you, but I think they sell them online and I think I paid all of $10 for mine.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I just vacuum mine once a week. Every so often I'll throw them in the wash but vacuuming seems to keep them pretty clean.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

We have a velvety sort of cloth bed for Nia. Needless to say...it's not very clean, it's a bit yellow and brown and grey....and she threw up on it twice... we put it through the wash once in a while but it's still discolored lol.

That being said, she doesn't use it that much, and not at night because she sleeps upstairs in our beds so we haven't bothered to replace it.