Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-17-2014, 03:02 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question How clean are your dog beds?

I think I have particularly mucky dogs as their beds get grubby so quickly!!!

We've battled with all manner of beds, but have finally settled on typical plastic beds with a cushion (meant to be water resistant....) With vet bed on the top. All fits in tge washing machine.

I see these gorgeous beds, and wish I could get them, but unless it all goes in the machine its no way!!!!

How do others fare???
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Top Dog

I have some cheap-o ones from Target that have fared about... a year and a half? Maybe two years so far? They're really nice beds though, four sides with a bit of a dip on one side. I wash them every month though cuz fleas aren't cool.

I also have a K&H Cuddle Cube from chewy.com that is really nice too, only the cover comes off though. It makes a huge mess of the dryer, so I may have to find a bag for it or something. Little tiny brown grossness in EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY of the dryer. Aside from that, I love the bed as well... it's Roxie's favorite.

The Target ones are my favorite, tbh. Roxie's are both small sized. Cuddle Cube is medium, though.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

I buy cheap Meijer beds, and replace them once every month or two, depending on wear/tear. I don't like dirty beds, none fair well in the washer, they stink... just an eye sore.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Behavior Nerd

All of our dog beds are either totally washable mats or have removable covers. They get washed every couple of months I'd say. They are furry but not visibly dirty or smelly.

The current most used beds are a plastic pod bed with a Target pillow bed inside and a Kuranda bed I won at a flyball tournament with a Target pillow bed on top. LOL There are mats and blankets of various sorts in the dog's crates and a fleece cushion bed I made at the foot of our bed, too.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Mine are from Etsy, and since she primarily uses the couch or my bed they're really clean. They have covers, so I just pitch those in the wash once a month or so.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNola View Post
Mine are from Etsy, and since she primarily uses the couch or my bed they're really clean. They have covers, so I just pitch those in the wash once a month or so.
I really need to invest in some beds with removable covers.

And pick them up when I have pissy puppies around. XD

Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
such sights to show you

I actually keep them pretty clean. They all have removable/washable covers, but I also usually cover them with a layer of sheet or piece of fleece from the fabric store, too, because that's where they usually chew their RMBs. The sheet/blanket is washed once or twice a week or after RMBs, the covers at least once a month. My house gets pretty doggie otherwise.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
orange iguanas.

Very clean! They have a cot with blankets on top. Blankets get washed every couple weeks, cot gets wiped down. Easy peasy.

I don't like regular dog beds because of how gross they get.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I actually keep them pretty clean. They all have removable/washable covers, but I also usually cover them with a layer of sheet or piece of fleece from the fabric store, too, because that's where they usually chew their RMBs. The sheet/blanket is washed once or twice a week or after RMBs, the covers at least once a month. My house gets pretty doggie otherwise.
A fleece blanket is a good idea. Those are harder to stain and wear through than the sheets I have used. :/

Old 01-17-2014, 01:57 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
A fleece blanket is a good idea. Those are harder to stain and wear through than the sheets I have used. :/
Yea, and if you don't care what it looks like you can often find it really cheap at fabric stores, if they're near the end of a roll of it or it's a seasonal pattern whose season has passed.