Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Boil a big pot of water and mix it with cold water in a large basin and take a rag and spongebath yourself. better than icy cold!

our pipes froze and now somethigns leaking in the kitchen and the city water has been out 4 times yesterday and its still not fixed. idk wtf but its annoying. i HATE not being clean this is just AWFUL
When we were out of power for two weeks, the fire station let people shower there.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My grandma had a chemical stress test and it showed "significant" a-fib and they want her to see a cardiologist right away. I don't even fully understand what a-fib means beyond the technical "this is what the heart does/doesn't do," and I'm refusing to Google it because I don't think I really want to know. I'm going to just ask my friend in a little while because he knows a lot of stuff, and he'll probably tell me in a way that is less DEATH AND HORROR than Google.
Because Dr. Google is a dick.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Behavior Nerd

Ankle isn't healing as fast as the doc would like to see - ordered xrays.

^that's annoying enough, but I'm on a high deductible insurance plan so we get to pay the bills 100% until we hit $1500. >.< Thank goodness for the HSA we've been paying into without significant withdrawals for the last 18 months.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Boil a big pot of water and mix it with cold water in a large basin and take a rag and spongebath yourself. better than icy cold!
Boil multiple large pots, pour them in the tub, add cold water, and you have a bath! This is what we do every summer after the gas
gets shut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My grandma had a chemical stress test and it showed "significant" a-fib and they want her to see a cardiologist right away. I don't even fully understand what a-fib means beyond the technical "this is what the heart does/doesn't do," and I'm refusing to Google it because I don't think I really want to know. I'm going to just ask my friend in a little while because he knows a lot of stuff, and he'll probably tell me in a way that is less DEATH AND HORROR than Google.
Because Dr. Google is a dick.
My dad's had a-fib for YEARS. It can be treated in several ways. He was shocked out of it once but it came back. Now he just takes meds for it. After he retires he may end up with a pacemaker, but for now medications control the symptoms (though he's still in a-fib).
Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I wasn't able to get my injections for my pernicious anemia and I'm so, so tired. At least it wasn't as bad as before though. I was sleeping like 18-20 hours a day!
So it's not like that again, thank goodness, but I'm just exhausted, ugh.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
My dad's had a-fib for YEARS. It can be treated in several ways. He was shocked out of it once but it came back. Now he just takes meds for it. After he retires he may end up with a pacemaker, but for now medications control the symptoms (though he's still in a-fib).
They did mention a pacemaker when she first went to the doctor. Apparently she also has a heart murmur which I guess is somehow different than a-fib? She has sleep apnea too. For years she wouldn't wear her mask for the sleep apnea. Earlier this year when she had her stroke-type episode, the doctor finally scared her into wearing the mask when she sleeps. So all of that has me kind of nervous. My friend's dad has cancer and they did surgery once because they had to biopsy and find out what was going on and remove as much as they could, but they are afraid to do any further surgical procedures because he has a heart murmur...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
They did mention a pacemaker when she first went to the doctor. Apparently she also has a heart murmur which I guess is somehow different than a-fib? She has sleep apnea too. For years she wouldn't wear her mask for the sleep apnea. Earlier this year when she had her stroke-type episode, the doctor finally scared her into wearing the mask when she sleeps. So all of that has me kind of nervous. My friend's dad has cancer and they did surgery once because they had to biopsy and find out what was going on and remove as much as they could, but they are afraid to do any further surgical procedures because he has a heart murmur...
My dad has sleep apnea too, and has had a CPAP for a few years (and yeah, he was stubborn about wearing it at first, too >.<)

He's had some TIAs, but as far as we know not a full-out stroke.

He doesn't have a murmur; what happens in a-fib is that the atrial champers are "fluttering" or beating weakly and very fast - making it almost impossible to get an accurate pulse rate. A heart murmur is usually related to one of the valves in the heart leaking and allowing some blood to backflow when the heart beats.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Aware

Feeling inadequate, frustrated, and sad. Can I fastforward a few years?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

I just found out I didn't have any federal or state taxes withheld from my zoo paycheck all year last year, just medicare and social security taxes
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Twin 2.0

Everyone I go snowboarding with is either backing out or already has a full car. I don't mind driving up, but I don't like doing it by myself.