Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Top Dog

Default Disabled hamster setup: aaaand, go!

Barring any unfortunate turns in its health this weekend, I'm to take a small Roborovski hamster home. This firmly goes against our " no rodents for several years until Clive is old enough to be around a Guinea Pig" rule. (my husband and I both really like guinea pigs, lol) Medium length story short, we're the clinic that treats one of the local chain petstore's animals. They put a robo hamster in with other hamsters when it arrived from the shipment and they attacked her She had several bite wounds, one of which apparently damaged a nerve, as one leg now just drags. They were going to euth her (they'll treat illnesses and bite wounds, but they won't adopt out an animal with a permanently gimpy leg). Since she is (or was, as of last night) perfectly active other than the leg and in good spirits, I said I'd take her.

We have had a Roborovski before. He was my husband's class pet for a few years until he got elderly and then he lived out his days here. But, I'm not sure we can do the climbing areas, etc for this little one due to the leg. Any ideas?