Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I am on my phone, so I won't quote all the replies, but THANK YOU for all the car input!

There have been a lot of VWs in my family and nobody I ever knew had a major issue with them, so this is kind of news to me (not sure if there's a quality difference between German and American made models, though). We owned them and basically drove them to the ground. But hearing this is obviously a concern and we'll have to take that into consideration.

I really liked test driving the TDI, but I think we'll check out the Subaru dealership this weekend. Maybe also a Mazda dealer. I'll keep you guys posted
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Maybe also a Mazda dealer. I'll keep you guys posted
I never thought anything of Mazdas, but I test drove this little Mazda speed3 a few months ago when I was looking at cars... very cool. So much fun to drive. Actually I can't stop thinking about that car, sometimes I regret not getting it but it was smaller than I wanted (and more 'used') . I ended up with a Scion xD.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Maybe also a Mazda dealer.
My husband adores his Mazda3. it's the first car he's ever named. (It's called Marshmallow since it's white lol)

Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I never thought anything of Mazdas, but I test drove this little Mazda speed3 a few months ago when I was looking at cars... very cool. So much fun to drive. Actually I can't stop thinking about that car, sometimes I regret not getting it but it was smaller than I wanted (and more 'used') . I ended up with a Scion xD.
Dude. You bought a Scion over a Speed3!?!?!? You are going to keep going back to that decision for the next couple years until you can get one.

I own two Mazdaspeeds.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Dude. You bought a Scion over a Speed3!?!?!? You are going to keep going back to that decision for the next couple years until you can get one.

I own two Mazdaspeeds.
Yeah, I know, I think about it often . I was looking at used/low miles...the Scion had 15k miles, looked brand new, was cheap. The mazda was fully loaded too (leather, sunroof, etc etc) but had like 40k miles, some scratches and wear, and wasn't as cheap .

Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

No cars for me ... I don't care how expensive they get to drive ... I will always be a truck girl

Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Sport Model Pug

Got some AMAZING feedback and compliments today from a visiting instructor at school.

It feels great. I've finally found something I'm good at.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I finally got Fable's new crate set up. It probably doesn't sound much like "good news" but her old one was so freaking huge I couldn't reach my dresser or my desk, and I've been wanting to kick it out for like a year.
Even if she had grown into a purebred, full-sized GSD it still would have been too big for her.
Now she finally, finally, finally has a smaller crate that fits her size perfectly and allows me to move around my bedroom.
Now to see if I can sell it to someone on Craigslist who either has a very large dog or a small herd of cattle.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
No cars for me ... I don't care how expensive they get to drive ... I will always be a truck girl

Me too, at least an SUV, I hate hate hate cars! Anything I have to stand up out of as apposed to stepping down out of is not for me. Then again I live in northern Canada and we have snow for five months of the year so it's less then car friendly.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Jelly baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I finally got Fable's new crate set up. It probably doesn't sound much like "good news" but her old one was so freaking huge I couldn't reach my dresser or my desk, and I've been wanting to kick it out for like a year.
Even if she had grown into a purebred, full-sized GSD it still would have been too big for her.
Now she finally, finally, finally has a smaller crate that fits her size perfectly and allows me to move around my bedroom.
Now to see if I can sell it to someone on Craigslist who either has a very large dog or a small herd of cattle.

I have a 48" one for Logan, so even a "large" instead of "extra large" dog owner might want it. Gavroche prefers smaller crates...he also prefers plastic crates to wire crates.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor