I'm sorry, I thought I lived in Florida...

GipsyQueen

Well North America can you sort your weather out please, because you're REALLY screwing ours up big time.

Weird and mild. MASSIVE storms. Tidal surges 4m above high tide mark, massive damage done to coasts around the country, including our local coast, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain and flooded rivers, 100mph winds....

Stop it!
Yup. This. Though I do have to say the high of 58F and sunny today are not that bad.
I'll bet with you that come february/march, it will freezing and snowing and all the trees are going to suffer, because they started to blossum early.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
The only thing I've found that keeps the cold down here from CUTTING THROUGH ME LIKE A KNIFE is my Carhartt stuff.

It comes in every Rednecks essentials kit, so most of us just need to get with the program and start wearing Carhartt pants and jackets :p

Also, layer. It felt like 2 freaking degrees here this morning with the windchill. I wanted to DIE.

I could never live somewhere that it was this cold all winter.

Snark

Mutts to you
We're having a heat wave! It's going up to 30º today! Yay! (Yesterday was -10 in the morning)

Couldn't get to work Monday, so wound up watching the local morning show. The weather man and one of the hosts went outside with a pot of hot water and a water pistol. The water shot out of the pistol instantly turned to snow. Someone else blew bubbles, which immediately froze and looked like little glass balls. Pretty cool... :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
The only thing I've found that keeps the cold down here from CUTTING THROUGH ME LIKE A KNIFE is my Carhartt stuff.

It comes in every Rednecks essentials kit, so most of us just need to get with the program and start wearing Carhartt pants and jackets :p

Also, layer. It felt like 2 freaking degrees here this morning with the windchill. I wanted to DIE.

I could never live somewhere that it was this cold all winter.
I am currently wearing, as slippers, Carhartt socks. :D I sleep in them, as I find that is the only way I don't need a ridiculous amount of blankets on me through the night.

Michael took his Carhartt coat with him, or else I probably would have been wearing that outside. As it was, I just wore a fall jacket under my winter one and was toasty. We do have pants around here somewhere, but it wasn't THAT cold.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
We're having the coldest winter we've had in ages! Yesterday it was at least -30f with the windchill. It's absolutely brutal!

GipsyQueen

We're having the coldest winter we've had in ages! Yesterday it was at least -30f with the windchill. It's absolutely brutal!
We're having the mildest winter up till now since the early 90s :p

Today, I was out in a sweater (because 56°F), it was sunny and the birds were chirping. :p

Once we get these ridges set up, someone is a lot cold, and other people are nice and warm.

51 and wet here. We're sucking up plenty of pacific moisture.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My friend, who lives in the GTA, thought I was exaggerating when I said something about "waiting until it goes down to -40" a month or so ago, not realizing that was not the normal for there. Because it's definitely normal here.

Yah. I showed them. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
:rofl1: :rofl1:
My mom has this Carhartt suit. It's like a hazmat suit except it's to keep you warm. She looks ridiculous in it but she swears it's warm. She actually wore it OUT IN PUBLIC yesterday to work... oh God. I'm sorry. It's not so cold that I would wear that in public. Nope nope nope.

Monday morning she was outside in that suit and with a face mask over her head shoveling. I didn't know she was out there, never mind what she was wearing, so I let the dogs out and then when I was letting them in she was walking up the porch to come inside. My fight or flight response kicked in and I was about to attack her like WHO THE **** ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO COME INTO MY HOUSE??? Luckily at the last minute before I went all Karate Kid on her I realized it was my mom...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
:rofl1: :rofl1:
My mom has this Carhartt suit. It's like a hazmat suit except it's to keep you warm. She looks ridiculous in it but she swears it's warm. She actually wore it OUT IN PUBLIC yesterday to work... oh God. I'm sorry. It's not so cold that I would wear that in public. Nope nope nope.

Monday morning she was outside in that suit and with a face mask over her head shoveling. I didn't know she was out there, never mind what she was wearing, so I let the dogs out and then when I was letting them in she was walking up the porch to come inside. My fight or flight response kicked in and I was about to attack her like WHO THE **** ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO COME INTO MY HOUSE??? Luckily at the last minute before I went all Karate Kid on her I realized it was my mom...
Bwahahahahahahahaa

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
My friend, who lives in the GTA, thought I was exaggerating when I said something about "waiting until it goes down to -40" a month or so ago, not realizing that was not the normal for there. Because it's definitely normal here.

Yah. I showed them. :p
Definitely not normal here! This is also my first winter since we've moved to the Barrie area, which is another (colder) change. Brrrrr.

So the other night the temperature (windchill) was somewhere at or around -40°C. I don't know exactly because when I hear reports of the windchill hitting anything NEAR -30°C I stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, and start chanting "I'mnotlistening,I'mnotlistening,I'mnotlistening..." (Well, that's if "I'mnotlistening," sounds a LOT like George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television." routine).

Greyhounds just aren't good at obscene cold temperatures, so we dress them. PJ's, sweaters, and coats over all that. Then boots. They look funny, they look embarrassed, but they won't freeze in the time it takes them to do what they really need to do in the backyard.

Let one out, he blew his way to the far side of the yard, peed, then realized how cold his feet were. So he laid down. Out I dashed in my jammies to haul his tush in. Let the other one out and she did the EXACT SAME THING. You would have thought that I would have wised up in the interval and put on some boots... rather than my bare feet in summer crocs? Another George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television." routine moment. I don't know why they did that, but have heard from other people with different breeds that their dogs did the same thing.

Anyway, just thought I'd add this comment to the thread:

Very funny, Mother Nature.... Very funny.

(for those south of the border...)

Members online