Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Wookie Collie

Honestly, I would probably wind up like Penelope in The Brothers Bloom. I'd have this huge house and I'd live in it and teach myself all sorts of ridiculous hobbies.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I would be involved part time with taking OTTB's and making them into ranch horses. I would most likely move back out west or down south and go to school for rangeland and focus on controlled grazing and open spaces.

I would invest a bunch of time in herding lessons and reined cowhorse. I'd get a small homestead going and probably do a little co-breeding with ACDs and some small rescue work. My ranch dogs would follow me all the places and go on tons of trail rides and cattle drives.

One can dream.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

I would own at least a couple of 'dream' homes of unique and highly functional design. I'd like each home to be private and on acreage.

I would probably own a few more dogs and would have excellent kennel set ups, kennel rooms, and plenty of areas for the dogs. Lots of dog friendly furniture and whatnot. Definitely a professional cleaning service lol!

My dream job would be owning/running a largish book store, with used and new books, DVDs, video games, etc. I'd like to have a neat coffee shop adjoining it and bring multiple dogs to work everyday. I always thought that reading therapy dogs (like Aimee's Grant) were so so cool and I would definitely train some of my dogs like that and have some sort of outreach program with the local schools. I have very fond memories of being a child, cuddled up in my bed, reading aloud to my dog. I'd love to recreate that for others.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

I dream of building a moderate sized dream home on 10-15 acres, and having a small hobby farm with dogs, ducks, rabbits, a goat or two, and a pony. I'd bake and sell my goods at the farmers market, and take special orders for events. I'll keep dreaming!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

I would build my dream house on some acreage, probably in upstate NY. I'd love to have 100 acres or something ridiculous with a lake or lake access. I'd have a small barn, indoor and outdoor arenas, and plenty of pasture space so I could own a few horses, and maybe some assorted livestock (I'd love to have sheep and a mule). I'd spend my time taking care of the animals, gardening, and doing stuff with the dogs. Sounds perfect!

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Have a house on the beach in FL
Travel anywhere and everywhere (with Nola, of course)
Have a house in Cape Cod
Have 300 acres fully fenced for Nola to run off leash
Get an agility course
Get several cameras and dozens of lenses
Grow my photography business

Aside from that, I don't know what I'd do. I'd like to do transport for rescues, and some sort of visual arts thing for underprivileged kids, but I'm not 100% certain on what.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Top Dog

I would buy the land and build a dog sports complex up here to increase interest in dog activities in this area.

I would also like to build a mall for mom and pop stores with reduced rents so the can make it in this city. Even some of the chains to survive. They raised the rent in the mall so we are loosing hallmark now, their rent went from $19,000 to $29,000 a MONTH. It's just so sad that we have nothing but Walmart and Canadian Tire to buy small appliances at, we are a city of 80,000 plus! We seriously I couldn't buy a breadmaker in town for korys birthday, a breadmaker!

I love my city, but loosing stores is sad, we should be growing not shrinking.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

Volunteer at a zoo. Whatever zoo I happened to be near.

Have a nice house with dog-specific stuff like attached kennels and agility equipment on an acreage. Also horses and the stuff that goes with them. And goats. And a nice RV to travel in.

I'd spend most of my time traveling to dog shows and Doctor Who conventions.