Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Silence, peasants.

I love all the video for this! Squash is such awesome! And Web is just terrifying haha.

Feist is teething and convinced that all behaviors offered should have to do with biting, so that was an interesting first session. On the bright side, she's getting super close to being able to sit pretty on her own. She's also used to grabbing my hand with her paws for support, so maybe we need to use an actual pole for this.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 01-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Top Dog

Bayleigh will grip now but she still scratches a lot more than she grips. I'm trying to click the grips only. I'm going to try to do another video here shortly.
Jolly Roger's Copper "Penny" - 05/08/13
Old 01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post

I bring you noise. :P
He's got such a nice grumble/growl/bark!

I love that first time he hit it with his paw is completely out of anger and frustration at it.

Shai, Web is cheating. Either share him or shelf him because it's not fair.

Here's Traveler's compilation from yesterday and today of each milestone. He's starting to get it and I've been holding the pole up off the ground so that he is actually able to draw it in. Not completely consistent yet but getting there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
Bayleigh will grip now but she still scratches a lot more than she grips. I'm trying to click the grips only. I'm going to try to do another video here shortly.
I was having this trouble too. Traveler luckily accidentally gripped a few times so I was able to jacketpot it and he started offering. Didgie on the other hand hasn't really yet.

I decided to backtrack with her and am just marking for 'Sit Pretty' while reaching for the pole. So right now I have her offering a sit pretty with her feet holding (clawed) onto the pole and stationary, so I'm going to go from there.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Shai, Web is cheating. Either share him or shelf him because it's not fair.
Try living with him when his life goal is to raid the trashcan and/or the pantry.

If only he used his powers for good... :P

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Trav looks like some sort of weird pole dancer at a few point where he's holding his feet on the pole and moving around. I feel like I should be sticking singles in his collar! (*cough* not that I know what one does around a pole dancer. You just hear things.)

Gusto is finally hitting the pole with his front feet pretty consistently. He is so angry and violent about it right now, that it is less "hug" and more "choke to death in a barking rampage". I'm hoping as he gets the idea, he chills a bit more. Hopefully I can get some video later tonight!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Trav looks like some sort of weird pole dancer at a few point where he's holding his feet on the pole and moving around. I feel like I should be sticking singles in his collar! (*cough* not that I know what one does around a pole dancer. You just hear things.)

Gusto is finally hitting the pole with his front feet pretty consistently. He is so angry and violent about it right now, that it is less "hug" and more "choke to death in a barking rampage". I'm hoping as he gets the idea, he chills a bit more. Hopefully I can get some video later tonight!
I kept cracking up while training this because all I could picture was Traveler the stripper.

Also, when I clicked on this thread seeing you replied, not gonna lie, I was hoping for a "Well, we don't have a front feet hug but he's hugging with his back legs!"
Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Complication: Webster now apparently believes that the goal is wrap his arms around it and body wrestle it out of my hand and to the floor in a total knockout move.

Oops.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Complication: Webster now apparently believes that the goal is wrap his arms around it and body wrestle it out of my hand and to the floor in a total knockout move.

Oops.
I think that should totally be the objective of this trick. Instead of 'Hug' it can be 'KILL'
Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I think that should totally be the objective of this trick. Instead of 'Hug' it can be 'KILL'
The cue can be "K - O!" said in a really dramatic announcer voice like that video game

Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
The cue can be "K - O!" said in a really dramatic announcer voice like that video game
I really hope you're serious because that would be pretty awesome.