Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
How do people who don't do stuff with their dogs even live with them?

It's been too cold to exercise the dogs outside all week, and I'm running out of ways to entertain them indoors. If I didn't know that it's going to warm up enough to go skijoring and to the dog park on Friday, I might be going a little bananas right now. I don't know if I could live with them if they were like this all the time.
It's...supposed to be -15 to -25 the next few days, plus a noreaster/blizzard/foot of snow storm. We're already a little cabin feverish.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

There is lots of cabin fever going on here too...

There are the bruises to prove it. My dogs...they abuse me for fun...

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 01-01-2014, 08:11 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
There is lots of cabin fever going on here too...

There are the bruises to prove it. My dogs...they abuse me for fun...
Here, too. We've been walking but nothing far or long. And it's going to get worse, they're calling for reply low temps next week

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 01-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

I love my dogs' off switches. Gavroche is seriously content to sleep on the couch all winter. Or in the bed. Logan is pretty good, too, but if I don't go anywhere for a few days (AKA he doesn't get to work for a few days) he definitely gets bored and starts seeking his own entertainment.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

Its not goo cold here, but Shamans out of daycare because he's a fungus and I've wrenched my hip so I haven't been able to do much. He's getting very very squirrly

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

I've come to the conclusion there aren't any decent boarding kennels here. I mean, I have ONE prospect, otherwise they are $30/night or more. I need to do maybe 5-7 days in March, and at least 7 days in July. For two dogs. Who need to be kenneled separately.

I guess I can board them where I used to work, worse comes to worse, they won't be mistreated or anything but won't get much attention either.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I've come to the conclusion there aren't any decent boarding kennels here. I mean, I have ONE prospect, otherwise they are $30/night or more. I need to do maybe 5-7 days in March, and at least 7 days in July. For two dogs. Who need to be kenneled separately.

I guess I can board them where I used to work, worse comes to worse, they won't be mistreated or anything but won't get much attention either.
Not sure I'd back in time in March, but I could do July if you really need somebody for one or both :P
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

The whole no sit conformation thing seriously irritates me. I can see not teaching an automatic sit when you stop, but to not teach it at all? Silly IMO.

I feel bad for my dogs this week. Between the move and the amount of dogs in boarding, they haven't gotten hardly any exercise. Thankfully they both have good off-switches, but I just feel guilty. I will have to take them both hiking next week.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'm beginning to be very worried about Talon. WTF kind of dog has their tail fur stepped on and instead of whining or mouthing or making any kind of motion to show "ow you're on my tail!" instead they run full speed away and rip out a handful of long fur without batting an eye?

I just don't understand it. I didn't even know I was on his tail. He was standing there, then david came in so he ran to david. I felt a small tug on my shoe so I look down and there is a giant bunch of hair obviously from Talon's tail UNDER MY SHOE!

Oh and to make it even stranger, I went to get david to show him and come back to find Art with a mouth full of Talon fur. I just......I just don't know.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
The whole no sit conformation thing seriously irritates me. I can see not teaching an automatic sit when you stop, but to not teach it at all? Silly IMO.
Yeah me too. Really irritating and ridiculous.

It's snowing here again. Luckily mine are very good at entertaining themselves. By which I mean they rip around the house at top speed wrestling and bark-screaming and throwing themselves into each other and into me and pulling all their toys out and spreading them all over the house and getting yelled at by my dad. Also, the snow is actually a good thing, because they will happily play outside in the snow. Auggie won't normally play outside - he prefers to poke around and eat grass and other things off the ground - but if there's snow, he'll play. So I let them go outside and they run around causing trouble out there all by themselves. Honestly, the one who is getting the most cabin fever is me... I really want to be outside working them in agility stuff and it's just too cold and gets dark too soon for me to be able to do anything.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog