Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 12-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Show Dog

Today I took the girls to agility run thurs and I seriously can not tell you how proud of them I am! Abby was AMAZING! She hasn't seen any equipment(other than jumps/weaves) in probably over 5 months now, but she rocked everything! Seems like that long break was probably the best thing that could've happened to her.

She was excited and ran her heart out! This is probably the first time I have ever seen her this happy to play agility. She wasn't stressed out in the least!

So her first run she did hesitate on the dog walk, but got lots of cookies for doing it, then she decided not to stop on the A-Frame so we redid that and she did her 2o2o and got lots of treats. She also ended up missing her weaves the first time, but second time she got it; and I think she forgot the teeter tips and did a fly off, but I got her right back on and she got lots of treats/praise for doing it the second time!

Now her last run was her best and she did everything perfectly. She hit all her contacts, got her weaves on the first try, and no teeter flyoff! The only thing was her last jump she decided to choke on a cookie she got back on the teeter and kinda ran past it then hacked up the treat re ate it then did the last jump. haha, but seriously can't tell you how pleased I was with her!

Really wish I'd gotten it on video, but alas that didn't happen... Our next trial is in Feb I think so I'll get vids from that!

Karma came along to, but she didn't get to play today. We just worked on some OB and LAT stuff in the parking lot, but she did awesome and had great focus!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Top Dog

Finally got video of our jumpers run. It was smoother than I thought, minus that dropped bar!

http://youtu.be/BkxRHpkXIS8

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm All Ears

Well we had stressy Mia today after a month of happy Mia. Sigh. I really just don't know. We were indoors and one thing she was very worried about was the Belgian, whom she has been around quite a bit and was totally crashed and sleeping and ignoring her. My trainer's foster rottweiler x? was there but Mia seemed to like her. We had to move thestart line though because Mia would not put her back to the belgian at all. My trainer was convinced she was feeling under the weather. I'm not sure, I think she was just stressy. We did end it on a happy note for her though.

Feeling a bit down. Trying to remind myself we've had a month of great practices.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Haven't posted vid in a while so here's Mir & I at a recent trial:

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 12-30-2013, 09:26 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

You guys look AWESOME Shai!!!

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Top Dog

Was really happy with Kili's weaves yesterday at class. We are doing 2x2 and have just introduced the second set but she was FAST! It was awesome. I wish I'd gotten a video of it.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm All Ears

Agility has been going well overall the last two weeks. Working weaves weaves weaves but it's been so cold and icy we haven't got far.

Mia last week was overall fantastic. She did lose a lot of speed and get distracted in one sequence. I think it was just too long to hold her interest. This week was GREAT until a guy showed up for the next class at the last 10 mins and brought in a ESS adolescent and then we had meltdown mode go because of all the noise. The ESS was acting like a normal puppy and was pulling all around and barking and it was just too much for Mia. She was just spooking at everything but eventually I got her to do some tricks and one more run of tunnel and weaves. She's much better outside vs the inside room and I'm trying to think if something bad happened in that room recently? I am hoping have tricks class in that room with her starting saturday will help with this recent fear. She loves tricks and it's low key and stress free for her. It is a small space and it can get very loud and overwhelming (mostly Summer's fault for barking nonstop and getting the puppy to bark nonstop).

Prior to the freakout at the last few minutes though she was happy and very up and even let my trainer pet her. During freakout mode there was no way that would happen. She loves the weaves a lot. She was hopping to the tunnel and prancing then coming out blazing fast to do her weaves.

Summer is great but a ditz. My trainer finally commented that Summer was a 'Barbie' and I have to agree. She is FAST and crazy but also prone to 'Oooooh shiny!' Summer kind of operates on autopilot and doesn't always think. And that ends up with my old dog flying over tunnels as fast as she can a lot because I pointed and Summer and agility and Summer....!

Distractions class starts saturday for Summer and that should be worthwhile.

Summer has also this last month been pooping in the ring very often. Now it could be the cold but I'm wondering if it's not more sinister. Historically Summer poops when she's overly anxious or excited. Give her a bath? Poop. Leave her home alone? Poop. Etc. Summer is so much higher in agility than she ever is in any other aspect of her life that it makes me wonder if she's getting so worked up she's actually anxious? Does that make any sense? I'm probably over-thinking it and she's just avoiding pooping in the snow. She seems happier than ever when we do agility.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Club Terrible - President

I have a friend who will split ring rentals with me on a regular basis upon our return, woooot. Em's ready to trial, I just need to clean up her weaves a little bit.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
You guys look AWESOME Shai!!!
Thanks very much I know we aren't super flashy but it's the time on the clock that matters and we play the smooth-is-fast game. Especially on tight courses on mats with 24" jumps!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Top Dog

Gage starts agility training tomorrow lol. Just for some alone time for us together more then anything.