Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Twin 2

Staying away from everything else in this thread, just wanted to link Alicia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Out of curiosity, did Linds and SaraB start those threads? Just cause I'm gonna go looking for it.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232098
Old 12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Wow... Frostfell... The internetz does not like you... Google is not your friend!! what a tangled web.....

#sathomeboredgooglingstuffs
I feel like you win.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:05 PM
LOLsamoyeds

Default OFA data on Am Bullies

If you go to the OFA website, you will see that 33% of Am Bullies are rated as dysplastic. And remember, the x-rays that are obviously bad never get submitted so the true number is likely worse. http://www.offa.org/stats_hip.html

Here's my description of a living nightmare: I imagine I did a breeding and did not do the available screening on the parents for a genetic problem common to the breed. Then some of the puppies come up with this painful crippling condition. I go back and check the parents, and they are not clear. If I had done the testing beforehand the breeding never would have happened. In this case I would be personally responsible for every painful step, every struggle to get up, and every child who cries because their puppy can't play or needs to be euthanized.

To willfully create pain and suffering is cruel and morally bankrupt.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
I also can't imagine taking a functional dog like an APBT and turning into a lumbering brute which is handicapped by its own anatomy is breeding for the love of the dogs. But that's just me.
LOL. I couldn't figure out how to say just that.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Same goes for why I'd never own a bulldog or Pekingese or other breed like that.
I think reputable breeders of (English/American) bulldogs and pekingese are at least somewhat concerned about the health and longevity of their breeds though. Yeah, they may not be 'athletes' or capable of running a marathon, but they should be able to at least walk down to the end of the lane and back.

I don't even know what to say when THIS dog is OK to be shown.

I mean..I'm on an ACD breeder's group on FB, and they are discussing the nuances of a slightly rounded vs slightly flat croup, or the correct planes of the head. It's hard to take the "American Bully" seriously when that dog exists ^ and is something to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
to everyone else, cut the hostility and sarcasm. i dont ****ing need your approval for my breeding, and i didnt ask for, nor am i saying or doing any of the things you are claiming im saying. if thats the way you want to go about it, lumping everyone under the same blanket statements, putting words in my mouth, then **** off. pretty sure that giving 3 puppies away for free, spaying after 1 breeding, and doing health testing already shows im not in it for "TEH MONIEZZ" like you think. just stop. i love my dogs, i love these breed, im not going to destroy something i care about even if you assholes think its not worth caring about. so **** off.
You know what, you're an asshole.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I think reputable breeders of (English/American) bulldogs and pekingese are at least somewhat concerned about the health and longevity of their breeds though. Yeah, they may not be 'athletes' or capable of running a marathon, but they should be able to at least walk down to the end of the lane and back.

I don't even know what to say when THIS dog is OK to be shown.

I mean..I'm on an ACD breeder's group on FB, and they are discussing the nuances of a slightly rounded vs slightly flat croup, or the correct planes of the head. It's hard to take the "American Bully" seriously when that dog exists ^ and is something to be proud of.

You know what, you're an asshole.
Please tell me people aren't breeding for that look?? It's awful enough it got shown.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Well then whoops, there goes the breed. I dont think you understand. there are exactly ZERO people in this breed who are health testing. if thats my requirement, right now, then nobody is allowed to breed and so sorry too bad so sad, no more American Bully
Also, I did a little googling like Dizzy did. You were on a thread a few years ago, talking about and recommending an American Bully breeder that does health testing. There are others that have come as being health tested and moderate. Also, you said "I am hoping to improve my breed, I will be titling, health testing, altering pets, selling on co owns and contracts, etc. Its not a thing you see a lot in the bullies but I am hoping as more people do it, it catches on. "

What happened?

Last edited by crazedACD; 12-30-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

I've been googling too and ugh. I feel dirty just looking at some of these dogs. I can't even imagine being part of a breed that appears to purposely aim at a non functional dog.

I mean...wtf is this?

Sorry for the huge picture, I don't want others to witness the horror that is that facebook "breeder".

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I've been googling too and ugh. I feel dirty just looking at some of these dogs. I can't even imagine being part of a breed that appears to purposely aim at a non functional dog.

I mean...wtf is this?

Sorry for the huge picture, I don't want others to witness the horror that is that facebook "breeder".
That is what happens when a frog is bred with a hippo....
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I would like to see someone breeding in the right direction, it will take time and work and I'm patient. I hope it betters the dogs and their quality of life along the way.

Good luck FrostFell, I hope you figure things out and help the breed.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.