Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Kung Pow Fish

if there was a person out there, hypothetically speaking, who had never heard of doctor who, and hypothetically speaking, was curious about this phenomenon, what would you recommend they start with, what season, etc?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
if there was a person out there, hypothetically speaking, who had never heard of doctor who, and hypothetically speaking, was curious about this phenomenon, what would you recommend they start with, what season, etc?
Series 1 in 2005 (NOT in 1963). Episode "Rose." And I would tell them to stick it out, because lots of people don't like that episode, but it gets better!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
I'd say I grew up with dr who, it's been around that long EVERYONE (in the uk) knows about dr who... But.... It was always tongue in cheek. It's still is I think... I don't get the worldwide fame it's now acquired!

I think the early ones are probably the best, but I've never watched the new ones so I'm just nostalgic :P plus the whole appeal was the cheap sets anyway!

I remember when billy piper was the assistant though. Which is funny. If you know how billy piper got famous
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I remember when billy piper was the assistant though. Which is funny. If you know how billy piper got famou
No, what's funny is what show Billie Piper has been in with Matt Smith!

Quote:
I'd say I grew up with dr who, it's been around that long EVERYONE (in the uk) knows about dr who... But.... It was always tongue in cheek. It's still is I think... I don't get the worldwide fame it's now acquired!
It's really...not. It used to be, but it grew up. Fifty years has led to a lot of maturing.

I'd suggest you give it another chance The old ones ARE good, but for people who got into NewWho first, it's a bit of an acquired taste. I have just a few seasons of the classics left. Since I have 8 months to kill...
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

This. Is. Awesome.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

We finally saw it last night. I disliked the episode - mostly because Matt Smith was "my first Doctor" and I thought he deserved a better send off than that. I did enjoy that several loose ends were tied up and the ending with "my raggedy doctor" hit me in all the feels.

I am slightly sad that Matt is no longer the Doctor. But, I am looking forward to seeing how Capaldi portrays the Doctor.

Until August, I shall be watching Netflix LOL.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

Ya with three seasons if he was ones first it would be hard...christopher eccleston was my first and he only had one season I learned early to not be too in love with the Doctor. But to be honest it's great because each regeneration is his own Doctor, so Matt isn't being replaced, he will always be the raggedy man, the timey wimey saying doctor.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
This. Is. Awesome.

Hehe, I love it too, and Tennat was pretty close to the same!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Allons-y!

I saw it - didn't really like it. I found this post that sums up how I feel pretty well, I think (be warned, it is very long and very opinionated lol). I haven't really been into the latest season in general, although I love Matt Smith as the Doctor and was sad to see him go. I am excited for Peter Capaldi though!

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydogs View Post
I saw it - didn't really like it. I found this post that sums up how I feel pretty well, I think (be warned, it is very long and very opinionated lol). I haven't really been into the latest season in general, although I love Matt Smith as the Doctor and was sad to see him go. I am excited for Peter Capaldi though!
Ack, I LOVED this season! I didn't like how drawn-out the season was, and some stories would have REALLY benefited from a second part, but I cried more for this season than I have for pretty much any other one.

And yeah, "dem feels" is a big criterion for me