Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Default Critique my buyer questionnaire please

im gearing up to do my first breeding in like 3 years and im a bit out of the loop on being a breeder nowdays *runs around flailing and bangs into stuff*
you can view it here rip it apart please. did i miss anything vital? sound stupid? not long enough? peanut brittle?
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 12-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Kung Pow Fish

56 views and no input?
To change the world
If we should stay silent

Old 12-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Got Floof?

The only thing that I don't understand is the questions about breeding. Most people I've seen require more than just health testing before allowing a breeding to take place. Otherwise the questionnaire looks good.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

The questionnaire looks fine.

I'd rather analyze & critique your breeding program/plans :P

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Vizsla mom

Is it not crazy to ask them to describe all food/ treats the puppy will get? Maybe I'm just strange but my dog gets about 100 different kinds of treats a year ..and her kibble got switched 3 times due to tummy issues.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I don't think you've asked why they want a dog and what there intentions are for it.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
The only thing that I don't understand is the questions about breeding. Most people I've seen require more than just health testing before allowing a breeding to take place. Otherwise the questionnaire looks good.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
The questionnaire looks fine.

I'd rather analyze & critique your breeding program/plans :P
I have nothing to say about the questionnaire, but. . . American Bullies? Why? Every single one I've seen has been a conformation nightmare. Maybe they've come a long way from the "coffee table" look that was in style, but after a quick look at the website, it seems like that's not the case.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
If you will be breeding your American Bully, do you plan to do relevant health testing?
Oh, I'm curious about this part. What do you consider to be "relevant health testing," being as there is no health testing done on any of the dogs you've ever bred or bred to, and particularly when you are linebreeding on dogs that had and have produced severe health and/or temperament issues?

Quote:
Will you be using your American Bully to cross to other breeds? (IE, Shorty Bull, French Bulldog, Olde, Brahma, "exotics")
You said at the beginning of your questionnaire that there are NO right or wrong answers to any of the questions. Does that hold true for this one as well?

I know, I know, "Shut the f*** up!"
Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Kung Pow Fish

For why they want a dog, I think I covered that in "What makes this the breed for you" part but if yall think it needs its own separate question I can see that

I would rather ask "are you going to breed" and get an honest answer so that if they have unsavory breeding PLANS i can throw them out the window. Im really trying to word this as openly as possible so that scumbags will think im hunky dory with them breeding "exotics" so that they will TELL me theyre gonna breed exotics. Im not okay with it, obviously, but i want them to be honest with me. yeah, I guess im baiting. im just trying to cover every eventuality of people who are going to be sending me this questionnaire, everything from "mugglestons bulliezzz r us" from facebook, to a first time dog owner single dad who lives down the street and has no idea what dog politics are.

the food question is to make sure they dont intend to feed dog chow or something. vague "i dunno, anything grain free" is an acceptable answer. "dollar store biscuits" is not

as for the breeding plans, id be delighted to show them off, as Im very excited about it, i just didnt think anybody would care cuz ewwwamericanbulliesarenasty nifty banner here and pedigree here
To change the world
If we should stay silent

Old 12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Im really trying to word this as openly as possible so that scumbags will think im hunky dory with them breeding "exotics" so that they will TELL me theyre gonna breed exotics. Im not okay with it, obviously, but i want them to be honest with me. yeah, I guess im baiting.
Ok. I'm still curious as to my first question.