Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm All Ears

I have joint supplements to give Mia and every day it goes the same way. We fight over if she is going to eat it or not. Even with food, she hates it (and this is the flavored one!). So the first try or two she spits it out, then I look at her and tell her to eat it and she gives me this nasty look and eats it on her own. It cracks me up how she resigns herself.

Ok ok FINE.... Just don't try to shove it in my mouth again.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I have joint supplements to give Mia and every day it goes the same way. We fight over if she is going to eat it or not. Even with food, she hates it (and this is the flavored one!). So the first try or two she spits it out, then I look at her and tell her to eat it and she gives me this nasty look and eats it on her own. It cracks me up how she resigns herself.

Ok ok FINE.... Just don't try to shove it in my mouth again.
Lol bear won't take his comfortis Flea pill ... From me only because apparently he has decided that I am the bad evil medicine person :/. He will tsar it from my mother with no problem! Jerk. >_<

Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yesterday Payton and I ran a 5K together. Before the 5K we were in a building keeping warm and other people and their dogs were milling around. I was keeping Payton off to the side since I never know how other dogs will react to him. A girl came over with her lab mix dog and asked "Can she say hello to him? She loves smaller dogs." I said sure but said he's intact and usually bitches are fine but sometimes dogs don't know what to do with him.
She asked if I was going to breed him. I said we hope to but he still has some health testing to be completed first.

She nodded like she knew what I was talking about but I could tell by the look on her face that she was confused and trying to figure out what I meant.

Is it really that strange? People really don't know??

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Yesterday Payton and I ran a 5K together. Before the 5K we were in a building keeping warm and other people and their dogs were milling around. I was keeping Payton off to the side since I never know how other dogs will react to him. A girl came over with her lab mix dog and asked "Can she say hello to him? She loves smaller dogs." I said sure but said he's intact and usually bitches are fine but sometimes dogs don't know what to do with him.
She asked if I was going to breed him. I said we hope to but he still has some health testing to be completed first.

She nodded like she knew what I was talking about but I could tell by the look on her face that she was confused and trying to figure out what I meant.

Maybe it depends on the area but around here, from what I've seen, no one health tests. I had NO idea about it before Chaz. Local breeders I've talked to also seemed a bit baffled by it. "No, their hips are fine. We haven't had any problems with their parents." (And these were not working dogs.)

I think it's a pretty strange thing to consider if you're not really into dogs.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I did a bad, bad thing.

Quinn and Ned are getting new collars for Christmas (I feel bad that Dally isn't getting a matching one, but she got a Hurtta not too long ago - still, I think I'll get her one after Christmas).

Ned is actually getting 2.

I am a mixture of excited and "DON'T YOU HAVE ANY SELF CONTROL?!"
I want to see them! What collars did they get? And if you say Ned got yellow I will cry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
That's because you are awesome! They would be stupid to let you pass them by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
That's awesome Linds!

Totally not surprised though

You deserve it <3
Thanks so much! Sara, seriously you've been so incredibly helpful and supportive during all this, just thank you so much.

So now I need to brainstorm ideas for classes to pitch!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:55 PM
LABRADERP!

I hate cold rainy days

Outlaw is going stir crazy and it's too muddy and cold to play fetch. So he's driving me insane!
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 12-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

Shamans previous owner has a new puppy. She didn't even ask about her old one until a tech said something to her. Poor Shaman, even though I know he's better off.

So, who wants a tricolor corgi puppy in 2 months when the new wears off of this one?

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

They don't, not at all. I sadly work closely with the general public, and very few of the people I get a chance to talk to about dogs know anything about proper care, nutrition, etc.

Even my coworkers, who know something of my obsession with dogs, cannot fathom why I'm keeping Rhys intact if I'm not going to breed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
Shamans previous owner has a new puppy. She didn't even ask about her old one until a tech said something to her. Poor Shaman, even though I know he's better off.

So, who wants a tricolor corgi puppy in 2 months when the new wears off of this one?
People are incredible.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Even my coworkers, who know something of my obsession with dogs, cannot fathom why I'm keeping Rhys intact if I'm not going to breed him.
My Mom is convinced that leaving Hudson intact means he is going to die of prostate cancer.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM
orange iguanas.

Lol I feel weird that Cajun isn't being spayed like....today. I always used to think it was weird when people waited till after 6 months. Now I'm weird.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013