Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Show Dog

Leo peed in the house for the first time today. There was no warning. He just stood in the middle of the carpet and peed. I managed to interrupt him and bring him outside, but not before he got a good chunk of it on the floor.
I cleaned it up as much as I could and used some odor remover. It smells normal to me now, but no idea about for sensitive dog noses. Really hoping he doesn't try to pee there again because of the smell :-/
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 PM
such sights to show you

Haven't been to rally for about 3 weeks, and then tonight Squash ROCKED it.

Except he has apparently decided that fronts now mean that he sits sideways in front of me, facing to my right.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Oh, the sheer and utter joy of finding a bone in the couch coushins that has been missing for about three months. My total goob dog. LOL He did that for about 5 minutes straight and has been contentedly chewing on it for about an hour now. Lol

Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post

Oh, the sheer and utter joy of finding a bone in the couch coushins that has been missing for about three months. My total goob dog. LOL He did that for about 5 minutes straight and has been contentedly chewing on it for about an hour now. Lol
He is the cutest!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Bored Now.

VENT TIME.

MAKE THE BARKING STOP.

Also, please learn how to finish your food in a timely manner.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Little dog, big voice

As if my peers needed any more reason to make fun of my "rat dog," my mom just got done ordering her a pair of pink flannel pajamas, and a snowsuit. I'm fairly certain that she's going to be the most adorable dog in town, although I think she already is.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Big Dog

Happy Birthday little blue dog. I can't believe you are 1 year old already. I can't believe what we've accomplished in the 9 months I've had you. I feel like you've always been in my life. You're sassy, bossy and brave. You're willing to try anything I ask of you. You make friends with everyone you meet. You have been a wonderful addition to the household and I can't believe how much better my life is since I went and picked you up last January. Thanks for being everything I could ever hope for in a dog. I'm so excited to see what the future holds for us.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm All Ears

How do you teach a dog not to roll their tennis balls under the furniture? There's been three tonight and she's crying and whining and being annoying because she can't get them out. I've tried ignoring her and just saying 'too bad so sad' but it never seems to make a dent in whether she'll continue shoving her toys under furniture... Drives me nuts.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
How do you teach a dog not to roll their tennis balls under the furniture? There's been three tonight and she's crying and whining and being annoying because she can't get them out. I've tried ignoring her and just saying 'too bad so sad' but it never seems to make a dent in whether she'll continue shoving her toys under furniture... Drives me nuts.
I had to block the spaces off with Auggie. He did it intentionally, so I had some small pieces of wood around and I stacked them up under the furniture and blocked it off. Stayed that way for probably a little over a month. Once he figured out he couldn't do it anymore because it was physically impossible, he stopped trying.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I had to block the spaces off with Auggie. He did it intentionally, so I had some small pieces of wood around and I stacked them up under the furniture and blocked it off. Stayed that way for probably a little over a month. Once he figured out he couldn't do it anymore because it was physically impossible, he stopped trying.
Mia does it intentionally too. WHY? I have no idea. The ball never coming back and the game ending doesn't seem to phase her. I may have to block off everything. I wonder if that would work.... It's a good idea.